Well, everything that's in here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/software-and-software-development/52559-what-i-want-in-a-front-end.html
and not in Frodoplayer, you're doing wrong! ;)
I always liked the player, but I need more functionality to bring it to the people :D
Thanks for your work so far!
the only thing i can think of that's going wrong would be the way the skin is done.
easy to get going but quickly at a dead end. i'd love to see a system similar to mmc (.png based, individual objects-xml). oh and phone integration (more request type thing)
i love everything else, lots of possibilities, active development, no need to install winamp etc. etc.
what shakes said in post 7 except for WMP
although i prefer winamp at this point i really dont care, i think i use both equally now.
better embedded application support
jury is still out if its better to start in the player screen or menu screen
cant think of much more
what are you doing wrong?
right now the only thing wrong about frodoplayer is having two different settings.
1) Closed source
2) Outdated development tools/environment limits performance (warning: intentional flame bait)
3) UI is not car friendly -- though still the one I use. :D
1. cannot run built-in XM and GPS embedded
2. database takes too long to build after changes
This is subjective of course... who am I to say with so many loyal fans, but here is why *I* dont use FP:
- I dont like the way the media is organized, I think it is non-intuitive to the first-time user (something I look for in my system - I like to show off and if people think it is hard/pita to use they wont think it is so cool!:p)
- I would prefer media to be separated between audio and video only. (These are main "Player areas" Audio player (files, CD drive), and video player (files, dvd drive). Within these, I prefer the option of just raw directory browsing and playing (which includes subdirs) as well as playlists.
- I dont like the gps embedding and general embedding options you have. (I dont think minimode is really intuitive for example.
I guess I like embedded apps like RoadRunner does it, and I like music/audio/etc from Neocar Media Center.
But I am just one. I hope this is of use to you! :)
skinability is done in percents instead of pixels.
XM (present in FP3 not XMSATFRODOTHINGAMAGJIG) crashes the system if I unplug the unit while hibernated and then resume into XM.
oh and your avatar always cuts of the title of the songs you are playing.
I personally like that the skinning is done in percents.
While we are talking about skinning, I would like to see support for other image formats besides jpg, which poorly compresses sharp edges (which every skin I have seen has) and has visible compression artifacts on these type of images, even at the highest quality settings. Support for PNGs would be wonderful (especially if transparency was also handled, but that isn't as big of an issue).