eyeR MOD for the Fusion Brain, add PWM, Servo and remote control. **Discontinued**
-- Check here for regular updates --
The eyeR Interceptor for the V3 Fusion Brain has now been discontinued! The new model will now support the Fusion Brain V3 & V4.
Click HERE for the link to the NEW model. :)
Initally this thread was going to be updated with the new model, since the V3 version is still going to be supported Im going to leave this as is.
eyeR For V3 Fusion Brain STATUS:
OK, so whats the big deal of an eyeR Interceptor Piggy-backed onto a V3 Fusion Brain? ...
The initial idea of the eyeR was to be able to control your original FB outputs even when the PC is off, still booting or failed. This device has now matured to much more than that:
- 20 Relay high current outputs
- 10 Analog Inputs
- 4 Digital Inputs
- 5 low signal Inputs/Outputs (some are multiplexed for Servo and PWM)
- Drive-by-wire Bus connection (this allow countless devices to be daisy chained)
- Automotive transient suppressor, that protects the FB and eyeR from glitches
- Corrects the Fusion Brain LED and output mismatch
- Remote control override of the FB outputs or the HVAC Features (even when PC is off!)
- Highly sensitive on-board InfraRed receiver (more than 15+ meters)
- External InfraRed connection (if the on-board is not enough!)
- 2x PWM dedicated outputs for controlling high powered motors, lamps and solenoids. High current devices will require optional FET driver. (PWM controlled on-board for operation even when FB is disconnected)
- Built-In highly advanced progressive servo controller/driver. The speed and range of Servo movement can be precisely adjusted!!
- Servo can independently be powered down to eliminate servo *squealing* at high loads
- All eyeR features can be controlled without the eyeR Micro-USB cable connected.
- Fusion brain will not suffer in performance and functionality (eyeR uses an intelligent addressing system to make the Fusion Brain talk to the eyeR without the Brain knowing)
- Has its own set of 12 LED outputs to show you the true state of the Fusion Brain intercepted outputs
- External RS232 low level outputs for direct connection to other non-PC micro projects
- Firmware updates uploaded via USB
1. Say you have the eyeR as a HVAC replacement for your vehicle and its cold and foggy, and for some reason the PC turns off or your screen goes blank? How are you going to demist those windows?
With the eyeR optional remote, all the HVAC features can be controlled via the IR slim remote (even when FB unplugged) while still allowing these features to be controlled via PC.
2. So your Fusion Brain is in a stable state, and you need to turn off an output for some testing but the PC is not within reach? You can use the IR remote to override the outputs.
This plug-in MOD is powered from the FB so no additional supply is required.
Fusion Brain and eyeR COMBO. Its not simply just sitting on the Fusion Brain for looks, its actually plugged into the two driver IC sockets on the FB.
eyeR Actual size 33x45mm.
Basically the eyeR processes (intercepts) the signals of the Fusion Brain CPU outputs before they reach the output terminals.
Using the modified FBDemo software you will see from a few clicks how easy it is to use VB to control the eyeR (Thats because the eyeR does most of the hard work!)
[CENTER]**FBDemo has been updated to support latest winUSB drivers
Here is the screenshot. Look out small monitors the actual window size when running is 1000 x 850 (At least it shows you everything clearly)
**Must thank mx270a for his work on the original FBDemo software.