... for an easy IR remote interface to anything!
I have had a quite a few requests for just the IR remotes that are included with the eyeR Interceptor, as one of them was designed specifically for HVAC applications. The problem is that once you get the remotes, you are then required to make up some hardware to decode the IR protocol to use the remotes.
In response I have made up a compact unit that is basically a sliced version of the eyeR. For all the people that don't require the fancy drivers, servo, PWM, inputs and the ability to have add-ons then this might be just the thing.
Alternative this module can be used as universal IR receiver to control various devices.
- 18 digital logic level outputs (5v)
- RS232 connection allows a PC, device or microcontroller to control and read the states of the ouputs (USB to RS-232 logic conveterer is required for PC connection).
- Ouputs are programmable via on-board jumper or serial connection to operate as toggle or momentary ouputs.
- Advanced IR decoding firmware provides high immunity to EMI interference for reliable trouble free operation.
- Onboard EEPROM memory to save outputs configurations.
- Easilly intergrated for use with Visual Basic/C.
As the outputs are at logic level, any type of interface can be connected for a fully customised solution. LED's can be directly connected to the outputs providing you add a 1K ohm resistor in series.
Shorting the jumper connection will put the module in "output configuration" mode. In this mode, pressing the remote buttons will altenate between momentary mode for that particular output. The onboard status indicator shows the setting for the current output (0 = momentary) (1 = toggle). Removing the jumper will save the output configuration and module will resume to normal mode. Jumper can be shorted at any time without affecting the state of the outputs, this is usefull if the jumper is to be externally controlled for on-the-fly output mode changes.
For easy mounting, header pins can be added
Here are the simple terminal commands for RS232 operation