Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: set up and use questions

  1. #61
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    manchester, UK
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by wilgartw View Post
    hello i know you are busy with the vista bit ( an i am looking forward to using the product through an usb hub). however i still connot get it to send a next track "B" key to winamp. do you have a skin where this actually works?
    from memory my issues last summer were

    not being able to FFWD a track in winamp (mimicking right arrow, or keyboard B)
    Being able to control windows volume
    not being able to feed the USB through a Hub

    i am keen to pick this up in the next couple of weeks.

    wil

  2. #62
    Fusion Brain Creator
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,221
    I can answer some of this.

    I think FFWD works, PM Nick to double check.
    I don't think windows volume works, check with Nick.
    USB through a hub does work. It needs to be a good quality USB 2.0 hub.

  3. #63
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Yes send keys work in both Version 2 and MDX.

    In both cases the "key" for the right arrow is "RIGHT". And on the same note, down is "DOWN" up is "UP" and left is "LEFT". For single keys, it is just the key "a" or "b" or "c" or whatever.

    Window's Volume is tricky. I havent been able to find any examples to go off of. I found 1 that uses the windows media player library but it only controls the wave line and it lags (like a half second lag between sending the command and receiving confirmation it worked). I have this on the list.

    But I have COM working almost compeltely now, so that means you will be able to control the FB through RoadRunner which in turn can control the windows volume directly. I hope this to be out this week as well. I am so close I can taste it!
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  4. #64
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    manchester, UK
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    Yes send keys work in both Version 2 and MDX.

    In both cases the "key" for the right arrow is "RIGHT". And on the same note, down is "DOWN" up is "UP" and left is "LEFT". For single keys, it is just the key "a" or "b" or "c" or whatever.

    Window's Volume is tricky. I havent been able to find any examples to go off of. I found 1 that uses the windows media player library but it only controls the wave line and it lags (like a half second lag between sending the command and receiving confirmation it worked). I have this on the list.

    But I have COM working almost compeltely now, so that means you will be able to control the FB through RoadRunner which in turn can control the windows volume directly. I hope this to be out this week as well. I am so close I can taste it!
    cheers, what is mdx? any tutorials?
    should i go for version 2 or mdx?

  5. #65
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by wilgartw View Post
    cheers, what is mdx? any tutorials?
    should i go for version 2 or mdx?
    Tutorials in general: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/docu...ion-tutorials/

    MDX Download and Common Install Errors: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/docu...rsion-mdx.html

    MDX Configurator: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/soft...a-testing.html

    In the config you cannot open files currently, or setup graphics. But FB detection, Digital Outputs, Analogue Inputs, logic section, variables, log files, and everything else is setup and working 100%. You can however save files. So if you do it all without closing the editor you are fine. Obviously opening a file is what the open button is there for and will work once it is official which I hope is very very soon.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  6. #66
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    manchester, UK
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    Obviously opening a file is what the open button is there for and will work once it is official which I hope is very very soon.
    how soon, is very soon. I want to do abit of work on this, but not if i can't save it.

  7. #67
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by wilgartw View Post
    how soon, is very soon. I want to do abit of work on this, but not if i can't save it.
    Has been available for a week or more now.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  8. #68
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    manchester, UK
    Posts
    145
    that'll teach me post without reading all the other threads...

    sorry!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •