Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: few questions about hook up of fusion brain

  1. #21
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    659
    whats next?

  2. #22
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    If you are absolutely sure those are voltages, then just connect it to the input of an analogue input, and then all you have to do is the set the skin file.

    But voltages DO NOT equal resistances. In your post you say resistances, so I want to make sure you dont blow up the brain. You need to know what is what...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  3. #23
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    659
    this is what i did. I set the MM TO 20DCV. Thenput the positive terminal on the wire and the negative to the ground of the car. pressed each button, which gave me the voltage.
    the voltage for each button wasnt the exact the same every time I push the button. for example the mode button would go back and forward between 3.39-3.97 and vol button up 1.0 - 1.08 and vol down would be 0.3 - 0.37. but whenI tap the button it would be a different reading every time, but always between those numbers I listed. If I pressed and hold the butons, it would give me the same every time.

  4. #24
    Fusion Brain Creator
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by customaudioman View Post
    this is what i did. I set the MM TO 20DCV. Thenput the positive terminal on the wire and the negative to the ground of the car. pressed each button, which gave me the voltage.
    the voltage for each button wasnt the exact the same every time I push the button. for example the mode button would go back and forward between 3.39-3.97 and vol button up 1.0 - 1.08 and vol down would be 0.3 - 0.37. but whenI tap the button it would be a different reading every time, but always between those numbers I listed. If I pressed and hold the butons, it would give me the same every time.
    Make a table of all voltages, with press and hold. Post that here.

    If you press and release quickly, the MM will have to guess at the voltage, so to speak.

  5. #25
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman100 View Post
    Make a table of all voltages, with press and hold. Post that here.

    If you press and release quickly, the MM will have to guess at the voltage, so to speak.
    These are the voltages when I press and hold. No buttons pressed the wire reads 3.9v,
    and the first button when pressing the vol-up 1.08v, vol-down 0.37v, 2nd button ch button, it reads ch-up
    2.66v, and ch-down 1.82v . the third button is the mode button, fm,am,cd,aux anyway it was 3.39v when pressed. these are reading that I got after holding the button for a few sec. So, since none of the values are over 5volts, I would not need any resistors, correct?

  6. #26
    Fusion Brain Creator
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by customaudioman View Post
    These are the voltages when I press and hold. No buttons pressed the wire reads 3.9v,
    and the first button when pressing the vol-up 1.08v, vol-down 0.37v, 2nd button ch button, it reads ch-up
    2.66v, and ch-down 1.82v . the third button is the mode button, fm,am,cd,aux anyway it was 3.39v when pressed. these are reading that I got after holding the button for a few sec. So, since none of the values are over 5volts, I would not need any resistors, correct?
    correct. Just hook up the analog input to wherever you measured. Then, set the software up. Nick can help from there.

  7. #27
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman100 View Post
    correct. Just hook up the analog input to wherever you measured. Then, set the software up. Nick can help from there.
    thanks for everything, since I have just three buttons on the steering wheel, I would just use three analog inputs? two of the buttons each has two functions(one vol-up and vol- down) the other (track- forward and track -back) are they still one input on the fusion brain each or is each function separate? thanks

  8. #28
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,286
    I'm pretty sure you can hook up your 1 wire to 1 input. That's the idea here right. What you can then do is define things that can happen in the skin which depend on that 1 inputs value.


    (This is if you are using FCC Uber edition)
    so you define and name an analog input, then in the logic section of the skin you can use the value of the analog input to toggle new variables, which can then be used... well, however you want

    Code:
    <iochannel id="SteerCom" port="1" brain="MainBrain" type="analogue_input">
    then:

    initialize some variables:

    Code:
    Vol-Up = 0
    Vol-Dn = 0
    Ch-Up = 0
    Ch-Dn = 0
    Mode = 0
    StrComErr = 0
    
    
    if SteerCom < 4.5 & SteerCom > 3.55V
       then all variables = 0
    else if
       SteerCom is > 3.05V
          then mode = 1 and all others = 0
       else if
          SteerCom is > 2.25V
             then Ch-Up = 1 and all others = 0
          else if
             SteerCom is > 1.45
                then Ch-Dn = 1 and all others = 0
             else if
                SteerCom is > 0.75
                   then Vol-Up = 1 and all others = 0
                else if SteerCom is > 0.2
                   then Vol-Dn = 1 and all others = 0
                else
                   StrComErr = 1 and all others = 0
    This code isn't actual and you would have to go by the examples in the configuration file. I think this would have to be done in the UberFCC release, to do it in this general way. The psuedocode sucks, but I hope it puts the point across, or elicits a response from the expert.

    The values I chose were to split the difference between the values to minimize non-responsiveness. False positives might occur though, if so the bands could be tightened.
    And the err variable could make some error message or indicator happen or even go into the log. But then you have now some digital signals (the variables) that you can use to make things happen with.

    (I don't quite know how FCC will communicate to make volume change in windows, or tracks and mode for PC-radio usage yet).

  9. #29
    Maximum Bitrate customaudioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by h3rk View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can hook up your 1 wire to 1 input. That's the idea here right. What you can then do is define things that can happen in the skin which depend on that 1 inputs value.


    (This is if you are using FCC Uber edition)
    so you define and name an analog input, then in the logic section of the skin you can use the value of the analog input to toggle new variables, which can then be used... well, however you want

    Code:
    <iochannel id="SteerCom" port="1" brain="MainBrain" type="analogue_input">
    then:

    initialize some variables:

    Code:
    Vol-Up = 0
    Vol-Dn = 0
    Ch-Up = 0
    Ch-Dn = 0
    Mode = 0
    StrComErr = 0
    
    
    if SteerCom < 4.5 & SteerCom > 3.55V
       then all variables = 0
    else if
       SteerCom is > 3.05V
          then mode = 1 and all others = 0
       else if
          SteerCom is > 2.25V
             then Ch-Up = 1 and all others = 0
          else if
             SteerCom is > 1.45
                then Ch-Dn = 1 and all others = 0
             else if
                SteerCom is > 0.75
                   then Vol-Up = 1 and all others = 0
                else if SteerCom is > 0.2
                   then Vol-Dn = 1 and all others = 0
                else
                   StrComErr = 1 and all others = 0
    This code isn't actual and you would have to go by the examples in the configuration file. I think this would have to be done in the UberFCC release, to do it in this general way. The psuedocode sucks, but I hope it puts the point across, or elicits a response from the expert.

    The values I chose were to split the difference between the values to minimize non-responsiveness. False positives might occur though, if so the bands could be tightened.
    And the err variable could make some error message or indicator happen or even go into the log. But then you have now some digital signals (the variables) that you can use to make things happen with.

    (I don't quite know how FCC will communicate to make volume change in windows, or tracks and mode for PC-radio usage yet).
    so even since I have three buttons on the steering wheel, I only have to use that one input for all three buttons?

  10. #30
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by customaudioman View Post
    so even since I have three buttons on the steering wheel, I only have to use that one input for all three buttons?
    yes. that is the whole point of a resistance varying wire system...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New project please help with some questions
    By gt__1 in forum Fusion Brain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 02:49 PM
  2. Brain cells CAN reproduce!
    By XxAndyxX in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 12:53 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 06:24 PM
  5. starting project soon, questions..
    By tekknikal in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2002, 07:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •