Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Output Votlage

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    422

    Output Votlage

    May be a stupid question but what does the FB output on it's digital outputs? What kind of current/voltage?

    Is it enough to use a remote wire without a relay?

  2. #2
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiTLz View Post
    May be a stupid question but what does the FB output on it's digital outputs? What kind of current/voltage?

    Is it enough to use a remote wire without a relay?
    The FB is switched ground. The constant + pins are the same voltage as what you put into it. So if you are powering it directly off of the car, you will get 12v-14v on the digital output pins. Each channel is capable of up to 500mA.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    422
    Cheers..

    For the sake of not starting another new thread.. Where are people getting this Virtual Brain software I keep seeing screen shots of? I haven't kept up on the new V4 or new features as mine is a good couple of years old.

  4. #4
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiTLz View Post
    Cheers..

    For the sake of not starting another new thread.. Where are people getting this Virtual Brain software I keep seeing screen shots of? I haven't kept up on the new V4 or new features as mine is a good couple of years old.
    The Virtual Brain is built into MDX.

    If you use the configurator, you can select the debug options and enable a virtual brain. Then save that file in your MDX directory, and next time you start MDX, you will get another window with a virtual brain.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    422
    Great. I found it..

    And one more question. For controlling a relay off the FB I could run one pin of a digital output in one side of the relay then back into the FB correct?

  6. #6
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiTLz View Post
    Great. I found it..

    And one more question. For controlling a relay off the FB I could run one pin of a digital output in one side of the relay then back into the FB correct?
    On the coil side yes. The relays we sell already have the pin connector on them so all you do is plug it in and go.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    On the coil side yes. The relays we sell already have the pin connector on them so all you do is plug it in and go.
    Yea the ones you have would be great. Shame about the 2 week wait being in Canada. I'll have to hack something up myself. Not sure where to even get those header connectors.

    I'm going to check my FB tonight when i get home. If it's older than a V3 I'll probably just order one of the new V4's. I had so much trouble trying to get my steering wheel controls working I may as well start with the latest hardware with all the refinement done.

  8. #8
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiTLz View Post
    Yea the ones you have would be great. Shame about the 2 week wait being in Canada. I'll have to hack something up myself. Not sure where to even get those header connectors.

    I'm going to check my FB tonight when i get home. If it's older than a V3 I'll probably just order one of the new V4's. I had so much trouble trying to get my steering wheel controls working I may as well start with the latest hardware with all the refinement done.
    The only ones we sold en masse were the V3 and now the V4.

    V1 died at the factory with a power to ground short.
    V2 was for beta testers only.
    V3 is the blue on we sold for few years.
    V4 is the newest (as of 21/05/09) that we sell.

    So I am pretty sure you have a V3.

    For the steering wheel controls have you followed the tutorial in the documentation section?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    The only ones we sold en masse were the V3 and now the V4.

    V1 died at the factory with a power to ground short.
    V2 was for beta testers only.
    V3 is the blue on we sold for few years.
    V4 is the newest (as of 21/05/09) that we sell.

    So I am pretty sure you have a V3.

    For the steering wheel controls have you followed the tutorial in the documentation section?
    I have but it was when MDX was brand spanken new still in BETA and I gave up. Haven't revisited it. Till tonight.

    Ok so yea I would have a V3 then. So the conversion table for the outputs still applies too me.

    Unrelated. Have you thought about making MDX run as a service? For those that just use the logic/functions side and not the GUI?

  10. #10
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiTLz View Post
    I have but it was when MDX was brand spanken new still in BETA and I gave up. Haven't revisited it. Till tonight.

    Ok so yea I would have a V3 then. So the conversion table for the outputs still applies too me.

    Unrelated. Have you thought about making MDX run as a service? For those that just use the logic/functions side and not the GUI?
    You can already have it not appear at all and just run in the system tray. Not a service, but it never shows up so essentially it is one.

    And I would wait about an hour, then download the MDX install package. I am uploading new ones right at this moment. The exe is currently fully uploaded if you want to download that, the zip should finish in 20mins and the rar in another 20 or so after that.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 01:52 PM
  2. using amp output to input?
    By Xprime4 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 09:26 AM
  3. M-Audio Fast Track Pro: 2.1 Output Possible?
    By speedycheater in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 01:07 PM
  4. Aux-in Analog audio... will it output from the SPDIF on mainboard?
    By coachreed in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 09:57 PM
  5. No lcd output
    By JettaMP3 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2001, 02:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •