Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 260

Thread: ** NEW Fusion Brain Version 6, Pre-Order NOW **

  1. #161
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by waltersaegir View Post
    Worse news is that upon installing on the Mini-Itx board running Windows 7, I have discovered that the Intel 945GM chipset also doesn't support OpenGL 2.0. So "Huston", I've got a problem.
    OpenGL 1.4 is sort of the minimum, and may need changes to the code to run. You do however need to install the video drivers.

    http://www.intel.com/support/graphic.../CS-021517.htm
    The Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset family supports hardware acceleration of OpenGL* applications in 16-bit and 32-bit color depths.

    OpenGL 1.4 is the latest version and is currently supported by the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator drivers. Drivers that come with Windows* or that are downloaded from Windows Update* typically do not support OpenGL.

    Use the following steps for optimal performance of OpenGL applications.

    Exit any running background applications, such as virus scanners, NetMeeting* or any programs that run in the task bar.
    Install the latest graphics drivers from Intel.
    Also I am working on a software rendering version. Could you also post a screenshot of what you see when you open it? Is anything drawn, or just primitives?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  2. #162
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    116

    Windows7 945GM

    There are both a Screen Capture file and a Trace file attached.

    Looks pretty much the same as on the WindowsXP machine except on this test on the Mini-ITX with Windows 7, Core Duo 7600 processor, 3MB Memory, and the 945GM chip set, the Buttons no longer reflect in the LED10 on the Fusion Board.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #163
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by waltersaegir View Post
    There are both a Screen Capture file and a Trace file attached.

    Looks pretty much the same as on the WindowsXP machine except on this test on the Mini-ITX with Windows 7, Core Duo 7600 processor, 3MB Memory, and the 945GM chip set, the Buttons no longer reflect in the LED10 on the Fusion Board.
    Thanks that helps a lot. I can tell right away that it is not drawing textures, only primitives. You can even see the individual boxes for each letter for the text that overflows the button area. Now that I know what to look for, I can see if I can make a workaround.

    As for the buttons not working, did you just copy your install files over? Make sure the "FB Details\Fusion Brain Instances.txt" wasn't copied over as this will be different for each system. It binds the FB to a specific hardware port instance forever. So it will always be instance X no matter how the USB bus is enumerated.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  4. #164
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    116
    Yikes!

    I'll delete that file. Assume it will recreate it upon first execute?!

  5. #165
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    116
    Yep, you were right.

    Top three buttons work now.

    Havn't really looked closely enough to understand the forth button located at the bottom.

  6. #166
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by waltersaegir View Post
    Yikes!

    I'll delete that file. Assume it will recreate it upon first execute?!
    Yes it will recreate by itself.

    You actually only need the *.exe file. The Config xml file is needed for your personal settings. Right now that includes 3 random test buttons for Output10, and one label for the analogue input
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  7. #167
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by waltersaegir View Post
    Yep, you were right.

    Top three buttons work now.

    Havn't really looked closely enough to understand the forth button located at the bottom.
    That is just a label. It shows the raw voltage in a forced strange format (all changeable). Hook up a sensor or just squeeze the port with your finger and you will see it move.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  8. #168
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    152
    1 question/concern.

    using the supplied temp sensor(s), I get a different reading on A15 than I do on A1-A14.

    At ambient desk temp, I get .81xxV on ports 1-14, but I get .77xxV on port 15. Using 2 temp sensors is also repeatable (within normal variances, it seems)


    Is there a software or hardware reason for this? seems to be repeatable & happens on both v6 I have here, if it can be corrected in software, no issue.

    COM output: (switching sensors on the ports gives ~ same difference, so I don't think it's a sensor issue)
    >a?
    a?
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.8032v
    0.774v


    ******EDIT** The more I mess with it, the less sensor jitter I'm seeing. Sensor #1 is always reading .774V, Sensor 2 is always reading .741V on port 15. yesterday, I would see some jitter, but today I see NONE.

    EDIT2: Just realized I could check the sensor by changing the temperature...... thanks Mt. Dew for reviving my limited mental capacity.
    Port 15 is not responding to changes in temperature with either sensor. It is always reading between .774 & .741, and actually goes lower when I heat up one of the sensors (no change on the other).
    Last edited by Iamthehor; 05-24-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: more info

  9. #169
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    152
    Another question - why is D26 the always-on port? Won't that mess with arrays when setting multiple ports? It's not a big deal with the current COM or FuseGL methods, but I can see a big problem if I try to adapt my previous VB program to using this (skipping D26 every time through will be a bit of a PITA)

  10. #170
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamthehor View Post
    1 question/concern.

    using the supplied temp sensor(s), I get a different reading on A15 than I do on A1-A14.

    At ambient desk temp, I get .81xxV on ports 1-14, but I get .77xxV on port 15. Using 2 temp sensors is also repeatable (within normal variances, it seems)


    Is there a software or hardware reason for this? seems to be repeatable & happens on both v6 I have here, if it can be corrected in software, no issue.

    COM output: (switching sensors on the ports gives ~ same difference, so I don't think it's a sensor issue)
    >a?
    a?
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.0v
    0.8032v
    0.774v


    ******EDIT** The more I mess with it, the less sensor jitter I'm seeing. Sensor #1 is always reading .774V, Sensor 2 is always reading .741V on port 15. yesterday, I would see some jitter, but today I see NONE.

    EDIT2: Just realized I could check the sensor by changing the temperature...... thanks Mt. Dew for reviving my limited mental capacity.
    Port 15 is not responding to changes in temperature with either sensor. It is always reading between .774 & .741, and actually goes lower when I heat up one of the sensors (no change on the other).
    Alright I will look into that. There is no hardware reason for it to be doing that. Maybe a rounding or bit manipulation thing that got messed up somewhere. I will see if I can reproduce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamthehor View Post
    Another question - why is D26 the always-on port? Won't that mess with arrays when setting multiple ports? It's not a big deal with the current COM or FuseGL methods, but I can see a big problem if I try to adapt my previous VB program to using this (skipping D26 every time through will be a bit of a PITA)
    D26 is on because it was an accident. The port that is supposed to drive the control circuitry that then controls the output cannot be configured as such. It is a special USB pin under certain circumstances (which I don't use) and so it cannot source current, only sink it. So it needs to have a pullup between the gate and source of the npn on the flipside of the board for just that port. If you can solder an 0603 on it, it will work.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Similar Threads

  1. Fusion Brain V4 Digital Inputs
    By malcom2073 in forum Fusion Brain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 11:16 AM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 02:46 PM
  3. Fusion Brain and iBus
    By nemo1 in forum Fusion Brain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 10:05 AM
  4. Vista won't see the Fusion Brain
    By Ineffigy in forum Fusion Brain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 06:39 AM
  5. Fusion Brain and its uses!
    By HiJackZX1 in forum Fusion Brain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 06:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •