Fusion Brain Version 6 -- Firmware Update Version 2.0A
Bootloader Application: http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/F...bootloader.exe
New Firmware -- Version 2.2A: http://www.fusioncontrolcentre.com/F...013___2_2A.hex
- Download the bootloader application from above
- Download the new firmware from above
- Plug in your Fusion Brain Version 6 via USB
- Short the RESET pins together using a metallic object being careful not to short anything else. The use of a 0.1" jumper is recommended, but a screwdriver works just as well. The RESET pins are the 2 pins that are vertical between the USB jack and the analogue input pins on the USB and power jack side of the board
- You should now see lights sort of blink back and forth on the only horizontal row of digital outputs (24-31)
- After some time (many seconds) they will stop blinking back and forth and you should see the Fusion Brain connect to your PC as a bootloader device
- If you do not have the drivers installed, they will automatically be downloaded from Windows Updates
- Once the device is attached and the drivers are functioning you should see it listed as a "Custom USB Device" in Device Manager
- Open up the bootloader application
- You should see it say "Connected"
- Choose "Open Hex File"
- Select the firmware that you downloaded
- Choose the "Program/Verify" button
- Wait for all the messages to stop and it to display finished
- Unplug and completely de-power the Fusion Brain Version 6. No lights should be lit
- Calmy count to 2 to give the board a chance to fully die. The filtering caps try to keep it alive even without power for a good time.
- Then plug it back in and it should be updated and back to normal. If not, then go back to shorting the RESET pins and reload the firmware. I have never had the firmware fail to load however, so if this happens please let us know.