Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Communicating with FB6 without FuseGL?

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate Grrrmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    346

    Communicating with FB6 without FuseGL?

    Is there any application out there that would be able to interface with a single brain and read its Input ports without having to run FuseGL?

  2. #2
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrmachine View Post
    Is there any application out there that would be able to interface with a single brain and read its Input ports without having to run FuseGL?
    And do what with them?

    I have my test app that just reads and displays data in a text labels... If you want it to do something, that is where the magic comes in.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate Grrrmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    346
    It is just to display the text; I notice you saw my comments over in the RRFusion thread, so you understand my issue with read speeds and the sort of data I want to display.

    My only reason for not using FuseGL is the lack of skinning abilities, such as changing the background.

  4. #4
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrmachine View Post
    It is just to display the text; I notice you saw my comments over in the RRFusion thread, so you understand my issue with read speeds and the sort of data I want to display.

    My only reason for not using FuseGL is the lack of skinning abilities, such as changing the background.
    You can draw any image anywhere any size. So put your background image as a 100% width and height image drawn first. Now it is a background image.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate Grrrmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    346
    That's great news Nick; how exactly is it done? I couldn't see any options within the software itself (unless you've released a new version), so is it done by modifying the FuseGL files themselves?

    EDIT: I've realised that this is all done by customising the xml in the UserGUIConfig file. I'll start a new thread about that, and hopefully track my progress for the manual.

    New thread here:

    http://www.mp3car.com/fb-skins/15361...ml#post1484148

    In the meantime, can you post some sample code for me to analyse? Such as how to post a background image, or change the font size/colour of a sensor?
    Last edited by Grrrmachine; 10-21-2012 at 08:49 AM.

  6. #6
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrrmachine View Post
    That's great news Nick; how exactly is it done? I couldn't see any options within the software itself (unless you've released a new version), so is it done by modifying the FuseGL files themselves?

    EDIT: I've realised that this is all done by customising the xml in the UserGUIConfig file. I'll start a new thread about that, and hopefully track my progress for the manual.

    New thread here:

    http://www.mp3car.com/fb-skins/15361...ml#post1484148

    In the meantime, can you post some sample code for me to analyse? Such as how to post a background image, or change the font size/colour of a sensor?
    I will try to dig some up. I will leave this thread open as it asks a valid question.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Similar Threads

  1. Variables for FuseGL FB6
    By venfayon in forum FB Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 06:11 PM
  2. FuseGL Manual - Work in Progress
    By Grrrmachine in forum FB Documentation and Tutorials
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
  3. Winamp not communicating with riderunner?
    By CTdubbin in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 06:35 PM
  4. Communicating with ECU ?????
    By ehmedk in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 09:16 AM
  5. Communicating w/ VW Instrument Cluster MFD?
    By leonard in forum Newbie
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 11:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •