Page 22 of 113 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1124

Thread: *NEW* USB Input/Output Board -- Fusion Brain

  1. #211
    Variable Bitrate P3D4T0R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to hack the connectors on the sensors and outputs to be right angle female connectors, so the pins on the PCB are straight, and the female connectors are right angle. That way no soldering to the board, just some wire chopping.
    I think it would be easier to have the pins at 90 degrees in the production model and not to worry about it in the beta models
    "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
    Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
    Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

  2. #212
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to hack the connectors on the sensors and outputs to be right angle female connectors, so the pins on the PCB are straight, and the female connectors are right angle. That way no soldering to the board, just some wire chopping.
    Easier for who?
    If it came with 90 headers, kind of like a car alarm module, and all I had to do was plug in some straight connectors on the side, that would be easiest for me. If I found some 90 plugs or made some up, that would be easier for you. But either way, really. Straight connectors going up in the 'z' direction tend to make the component have a considerably larger "installed volume".

    Edit: Funny thing, I just realized I was (probably subconciously) trying to encourage you guys to make your product look like that other inferior, overpriced box of transistors mentioned earlier. I don't know, I'm sure you guys will make the final product clean and functional, so no gripes, just an idea...albeit unoriginal.
    It's been a while...

  3. #213
    Variable Bitrate P3D4T0R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    403
    For the temp sensors, will their be a standard rating on them? What is(are) the rating(s) for the temp sensor(s)? I don't really know how useful they would be if they are maxed out by a blow dryer... plus I don't think it would be a good idea to hard code temp settings into the software in case some one like me wants to hack his engine temp sensors into this board.

    Also for the relays will you be offering high amp versions as well?
    "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
    Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
    Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

  4. #214
    Fusion Brain Creator
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by P3D4T0R View Post
    For the temp sensors, will their be a standard rating on them? What is(are) the rating(s) for the temp sensor(s)? I don't really know how useful they would be if they are maxed out by a blow dryer... plus I don't think it would be a good idea to hard code temp settings into the software in case some one like me wants to hack his engine temp sensors into this board.

    Also for the relays will you be offering high amp versions as well?
    It's not really a blowdryer. It's a heatgun. And "maxed out" was 225degC, which is 437 degF. Only your exhaust manifold might get hotter than that. They are rated for about 150degC, but worked fine up until 225, at which point they could not read any higher, due to the scaling... they'd reached full scale.


    We sell 25amp relays... what do you mean by "high amp", and what are you looking to control? 25 amps is enough for just about anything but an engine starter, and it's plenty for the starter solenoid.

  5. #215
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by P3D4T0R View Post
    For the temp sensors, will their be a standard rating on them? What is(are) the rating(s) for the temp sensor(s)? I don't really know how useful they would be if they are maxed out by a blow dryer... plus I don't think it would be a good idea to hard code temp settings into the software in case some one like me wants to hack his engine temp sensors into this board.

    Also for the relays will you be offering high amp versions as well?
    And there will be a way to use custom functions as well.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  6. #216
    Fusion Brain Creator
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,221
    All beta boards were shipped today via Priority Mail. You should have them by Wednesday.

    I included 1 relay and 1 temp sensor in both.

  7. #217
    FLAC is for flaccid parksgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Dang it...I've spent too much time in the SD thread lately, and I didn't even know this was going on. Nice work, fellas.

    I'll probably be buying the SD bluetooth dongle first, but you guys have the next bit of cash I can find to throw at the carpc.

  8. #218
    Variable Bitrate P3D4T0R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by parksgm View Post
    Dang it...I've spent too much time in the SD thread lately, and I didn't even know this was going on. Nice work, fellas.

    I'll probably be buying the SD bluetooth dongle first, but you guys have the next bit of cash I can find to throw at the carpc.
    That's what you get for not paying attention :P
    "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
    Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
    Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

  9. #219
    Fusion Brain Creator
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,221
    Hey guys.

    We need some feedback on what you guys would like to see in the way of accessories.

    Fusion 25A Relay Packs
    Accelerometer
    Thermometer
    Photosensor
    Volume Control
    Servo Control

    What else?

  10. #220
    Variable Bitrate P3D4T0R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman100 View Post
    Hey guys.

    We need some feedback on what you guys would like to see in the way of accessories.

    Fusion 25A Relay Packs
    Accelerometer
    Thermometer
    Photosensor
    Volume Control


    What else?
    Tire pressure
    Ill post more here as I think of them
    "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
    Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
    Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

Similar Threads

  1. Best mountable, DC powered USB Hubs?
    By Dan Marsh in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 03:34 PM
  2. Via Epia Mii10000 USB
    By buurin in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 03:52 PM
  3. Problem with ITPS / hibernation and External USB HD
    By veetid in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 09:35 PM
  4. Will this layout with a remote USB hub work?
    By NoPistonPC in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 04:24 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •