Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1124

Thread: *NEW* USB Input/Output Board -- Fusion Brain

  1. #31
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,286
    You list a use of this module could be for climate control. Here are a few insights. I'm sure digital outputs could be used as 'parallel buttons' on the stock control unit. Digital outputs could be used to drive solenoid valves on a vacuum system. Most systems have an analog controlled temperature control door (analog out?) and there are servo needs in many vehicles. Interfacing a stock unit would allow use of climate controls without the computer available, and then could provide input back to your board for 2 way communication and a good display for the PC. That would require some more inputs I believe (2way).
    It's been a while...

  2. #32
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    53
    Found the code for you . Sent it to your email address Nick.

    David

  3. #33
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,047
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthRT View Post
    Found the code for you . Sent it to your email address Nick.

    David
    Thankyou for the effort with finding that code, but it was way to complicated for the simple task. With the addition of 4-8 lines of code, it now has the option to run completely hidden in the system tray with a nifty little atom icon!

    To re-open double click. I do not plan on making the minimize to system tray a touchscreen enabled option. So it will be available as a command in the skin file called "#SYSTEMTRAY#" with the parameter of either "true" or "false". If true, then the program is minimized to the tray on startup and will remain there.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  4. #34
    Fusion Brain Creator
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by h3rk View Post
    You list a use of this module could be for climate control. Here are a few insights. I'm sure digital outputs could be used as 'parallel buttons' on the stock control unit. Digital outputs could be used to drive solenoid valves on a vacuum system. Most systems have an analog controlled temperature control door (analog out?) and there are servo needs in many vehicles. Interfacing a stock unit would allow use of climate controls without the computer available, and then could provide input back to your board for 2 way communication and a good display for the PC. That would require some more inputs I believe (2way).
    Servo control, while pretty sweet, is not a top priority. It is however, on the horizon.

  5. #35
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,286
    Will a second brain work in the software with no problems? Will you need a second USB port available, or is there a header connection on the board for that as well as the output relay header?
    It's been a while...

  6. #36
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,047
    Quote Originally Posted by h3rk View Post
    Will a second brain work in the software with no problems? Will you need a second USB port available, or is there a header connection on the board for that as well as the output relay header?
    Right now the software supports 1 brain. But future releases of the software will allow up to 4 or 16 boards. It all has to do with how XP assigns USB devices and how our device ID's are setup. For testing 1 is easier to work out the bugs.

    But there will be support for more than 1 unit if the demand is there.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  7. #37
    Variable Bitrate red_parchel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    Well we havent tried the application running under WINE. I don't see why it shouldn't work. It will be open source, so no active decompiler restrictions or anything. Right now the software is still in testing and developement as well, and when the first version is complete, it will be a free download on our "yet-to-be-determined" website.

    --Nick
    Awesome! sounds like a great start! hope i can help out at SOME point

    will the extra devices be offered from you guys as well?, ie accelerometer, compass? and what ever else
    MobileThree: in car - Zotac Atom/ION - linuxICE 2.0.2

    --worklog--

  8. #38
    Fusion Brain Creator
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by red_parchel View Post
    Awesome! sounds like a great start! hope i can help out at SOME point

    will the extra devices be offered from you guys as well?, ie accelerometer, compass? and what ever else
    Yes.

  9. #39
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,286
    multi board demand >= 1 so far
    It's been a while...

  10. #40
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,047
    Quote Originally Posted by h3rk View Post
    multi board demand >= 1 so far


    Ok. It is a good start!

    It really shouldn't be too hard, and it will be implemented in the future. For the beta stage though, it will be single board. By production time (pretty soon), we hope to have a stable multi-board support.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Similar Threads

  1. Best mountable, DC powered USB Hubs?
    By Dan Marsh in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
  2. Via Epia Mii10000 USB
    By buurin in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 02:52 PM
  3. Problem with ITPS / hibernation and External USB HD
    By veetid in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
  4. Will this layout with a remote USB hub work?
    By NoPistonPC in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 03:24 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •