Page 56 of 113 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1124

Thread: *NEW* USB Input/Output Board -- Fusion Brain

  1. #551
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by P3D4T0R View Post
    you need to install the .NET runtimes; 2.0 or 3.0 will work.
    Is 3.0 out of beta yet?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  2. #552
    Variable Bitrate P3D4T0R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    403
    I assume so since you can download the redistributable package and there is no mention of beta
    "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
    Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
    Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

  3. #553
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    hmmm. Learn new things every day.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  4. #554
    Variable Bitrate P3D4T0R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    403
    BTW I got no real complaints for the program or the board, just one question... Are we going to get the final release of the board? You know send the beta ones back and get a nice new one with no problems, parts, or miss colored LEDs.

    The software looks good too although its been a ***** trying to replicate everything in VBScript but its working out OK I guess. Iv been meaning to shoot you two and email/PM iv just been really busy. I will tomorrow.
    "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
    Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
    Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
    Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

  5. #555
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    Got it working thanks guys, one last question. what program do you make skins in? I've only made Roadrunner skins.
    1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

  6. #556
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    Yes the PIC is like a CD-RW sort of. But like all CD's every now and then M$ effs up and you get a coaster. However usually this is total failure or total success. Rarely is it partial success and partial failure. So it should have either worked or didnt work at all, none of this sometimes crud. Maybe yours is magical?
    awe man, I guess mine isn't magical afterall last night I reopened the shop just to test this with the first pic, I did click several buttons several times, & I guess I just figured ahh, that's it, but tonight I spent a little more time with it & the problem is there sometimes with either pic..., SOOOOO it's not the pic

    tommorow I'm going to disconnect everything from the board & start from scratch, I'm thinking it might be possible that my 5v regulator may have something to do with it? don't know why it's only sometimes though, but I guess it's still a possibility...

  7. #557
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    sportydrew, this is not like roadrunner in the sense that there is no program that will help you edit a skin like that, you basicly have to edit the skin file yourself in notepad or something

    heres some notes I took, this & opening the demo skin should get you started
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #558
    Maximum Bitrate sporty_drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocad6 View Post
    sportydrew, this is not like roadrunner in the sense that there is no program that will help you edit a skin like that, you basicly have to edit the skin file yourself in notepad or something

    heres some notes I took, this & opening the demo skin should get you started
    great, i understand the way the coding goes just not how i can make it in notebook and save it at a SKIN file.
    1998 Camaro Worklog Starting over, New setup for 2010

  9. #559
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocad6 View Post
    awe man, I guess mine isn't magical afterall last night I reopened the shop just to test this with the first pic, I did click several buttons several times, & I guess I just figured ahh, that's it, but tonight I spent a little more time with it & the problem is there sometimes with either pic..., SOOOOO it's not the pic

    tommorow I'm going to disconnect everything from the board & start from scratch, I'm thinking it might be possible that my 5v regulator may have something to do with it? don't know why it's only sometimes though, but I guess it's still a possibility...
    Ah that sucks... I originally thought 5v regulator as well, but mine seems to be working alright. We asked for 1A regulators, and we got 350mA regulators... So it is quite possible that the pic is being underpowered I suppose, when the ULN2003's (flat chips by the led's 2 of them) kick in and the leds...

    The final version will have 1A regulators to solve this. Are you any good with soldering? At radioshack you can get a 7805 regulator looks exactly like what predator bought, and unsolder the regulator, and put the new on one. It wont fit in the same spot, it will stick up higher (probably and inch above the board with legs). Could potentially ruin the board, so dont do it unless you are confident. Also if you do it, make sure to take the PIC out of its socket.



    Quote Originally Posted by turbocad6 View Post
    sportydrew, this is not like roadrunner in the sense that there is no program that will help you edit a skin like that, you basicly have to edit the skin file yourself in notepad or something

    heres some notes I took, this & opening the demo skin should get you started
    And I like how you compiled all the posts into 1 spot. Nice! Once I get the website finished it will be there too.

    I have some spare time tonight, and I am schooled out so I am working on the software section now.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  10. #560
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by P3D4T0R View Post
    BTW I got no real complaints for the program or the board, just one question... Are we going to get the final release of the board? You know send the beta ones back and get a nice new one with no problems, parts, or miss colored LEDs.

    The software looks good too although its been a ***** trying to replicate everything in VBScript but its working out OK I guess. Iv been meaning to shoot you two and email/PM iv just been really busy. I will tomorrow.
    We definately appreciate all the wrok you have put into it.

    And as for the board. I dunno. Tim would know.

    And other than the regulator you soldered on, have there been other problems with your boards?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Similar Threads

  1. Best mountable, DC powered USB Hubs?
    By Dan Marsh in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 03:34 PM
  2. Via Epia Mii10000 USB
    By buurin in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 03:52 PM
  3. Problem with ITPS / hibernation and External USB HD
    By veetid in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 09:35 PM
  4. Will this layout with a remote USB hub work?
    By NoPistonPC in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 04:24 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •