Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: [Release] GammaControl v.1

  1. #11
    Deactivated Diewlay Lowmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    103
    0l33l , I have two computers with ATI products using the latest drivers from ATI. In both cases, the prog isn't changing the gamma. Any suggestions?

    First is a Desktop w/Radeon 9600XT 256M AGP VIVO.
    Second is a Carputer w/Radeon 9600 256M AGP VO.

  2. #12
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Diewlay Lowmo
    0l33l , I have two computers with ATI products using the latest drivers from ATI. In both cases, the prog isn't changing the gamma. Any suggestions?

    First is a Desktop w/Radeon 9600XT 256M AGP VIVO.
    Second is a Carputer w/Radeon 9600 256M AGP VO.
    This is so strange! I'm using an ATI 9200 SE 64mb card with the Catalyst 4.7 drivers, and it works perfectly fine, infact this is my test machine.

    ATI Knowledgebase. Based on this I'd say you're using the old drivers This once again reinforces my claim that ATI cards are bad (search for a whole flame thread about it).

    Get some Omega drivers. I hope that it fixes your issues.

  3. #13
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516

    Arrow GammaControl v.2 Released


  4. #14
    Variable Bitrate Batmanatthenewb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Newark, Ohio
    Posts
    309
    0l33l,

    OK, got ver 2 up and running. set up the day / night gamma. Put Gamma Control in the startup folder. Using xp pro and frodoplayer Take 3. Everything works by manually switching.

    1) is there a way to make this run minimized in the sys tray?

    2) How do you automate it so it changes gamma settings at a certain time.

    Been looking through the other threads, can't figure out the automation issus. There was mention of adding something to an ini file or something, but couldn't figure it out.

    Thanks for a cool program. As soon as I get this straight it's on to Navivoice.

    Batman

  5. #15
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmanatthenewb
    0l33l,

    OK, got ver 2 up and running. set up the day / night gamma. Put Gamma Control in the startup folder. Using xp pro and frodoplayer Take 3. Everything works by manually switching.

    1) is there a way to make this run minimized in the sys tray?

    2) How do you automate it so it changes gamma settings at a certain time.

    Been looking through the other threads, can't figure out the automation issus. There was mention of adding something to an ini file or something, but couldn't figure it out.

    Thanks for a cool program. As soon as I get this straight it's on to Navivoice.

    Batman
    My guess is that you are using the old version, because you posted in this thread. I'm gonna have a new version out today, with much better day/night support (from that goverment sunrise/set calc). v.2 can already run minimized.

  6. #16
    Maximum Bitrate wysocki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    467
    Gamma control is cool but it never works just right because it's based upon time of day. I'd like it to be based upon the ambient light level like all my other dash guages do and my automatic headlights. I'd like to look into a way to get a photocell hooked into the parallel port (or serial->usb) to control gamma dynamically. Anyone have ideas on building a circuit?

  7. #17
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by wysocki
    Gamma control is cool but it never works just right because it's based upon time of day. I'd like it to be based upon the ambient light level like all my other dash guages do and my automatic headlights. I'd like to look into a way to get a photocell hooked into the parallel port (or serial->usb) to control gamma dynamically. Anyone have ideas on building a circuit?
    The new version will use this site to get the proper times for sunrise/sunset. As you can see, evey day has a different time, and I made a converter from that site to GammaControl.

  8. #18
    Banned eatyummypuppies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    li, ny
    Posts
    439
    The problem with your gamma slider is that the set of your gamma ramp values must be a logarithmic curve, not a line. Compressing that curve vertically will reduce the contrast, horizontally, the brightness. No, I will not explain this in detail. Good luck.

    And is no one interested in my idea for a gamma management application still? Mine fades between colors!
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/software-and-software-development/25229-seizure.html#post193782

  9. #19
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    I got the slider to work properly in the new version. The leftmost setting is dark, and the rightmost setting is bright.

  10. #20
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516

    Exclamation GammaControl v.3 Download


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Release] GammaControl v1.2
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 02:16 AM
  2. [Release] GammaControl v.7
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 12:04 AM
  3. [Release] GammaControl v.4
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 05:32 PM
  4. [Release] GammaControl v.3
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 03:26 PM
  5. [Release] GammaControl v.2
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 12:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •