Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: [Release] GammaControl v.7

  1. #1
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516

    Exclamation [Release] GammaControl v.7

    Download Here

    This is going to be working with Road Runner and any other program that you want that can open up application with command lines. The command lines are accessable by the "/?" switch, and the one to cycle between the settings are "/switch".

  2. #2
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Originally Posted by Blue ZX3

    @0l33l

    don't know if you thougtht about this before, but how about a having a few steps between the different settings. I just find it a bothersome to me when i'm driving down the road and my sreen changes from day to night(big diff). Maybe have it ramp up to the settings that you set for the night/day..

    just a thought..
    Originally Posted by 0l33l

    Do you mean a transition for like X seconds?


    Not exactly....like say at 6pm it changes from day->night, but instead it dims a little at like 5 then maybe again at 5:30. So that as it gets dark it kinda follows the sun light instead of all at once. or like the dimmer nitelights they slowly get brighter as it gets darker but just oppisite...
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  3. #3
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3
    Not exactly....like say at 6pm it changes from day->night, but instead it dims a little at like 5 then maybe again at 5:30. So that as it gets dark it kinda follows the sun light instead of all at once. or like the dimmer nitelights they slowly get brighter as it gets darker but just oppisite...
    Hmmm.... so the screen just quickly changes from bright to dark or the other way around? Does it atleast do it at the right time?

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate Vchat20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warren, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    612
    i think what he is wanting is basically a smooth transition from one time of day to another. basically a gradual increase/decrease of the gamma over a couple hours or so.

    correct me if im wrong on this Blue

  5. #5
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Vchat20
    i think what he is wanting is basically a smooth transition from one time of day to another. basically a gradual increase/decrease of the gamma over a couple hours or so.

    correct me if im wrong on this Blue
    Sounds about right. But when will the transition start? Like 10 min before or 1 hour before? I used this component because it would give me the exact times when it is dark/light out.

  6. #6
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Yes, that is what i had in mind after i started using gammacontrol, which i like much better than the one in MC b/c the fact that you don't have to change the time for the season. Maybe i'm just more picky, but I think that it would take it to another level...Anyways, it does change close to the right time(can't remember too soon/too late). Maybe you could but in a option that would allow the user to set how far in advance to start changing. I'm guessing about 1-1 1/2hr. Once the sun starts going down it usually goes quickly...thanks
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  7. #7
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3
    Yes, that is what i had in mind after i started using gammacontrol, which i like much better than the one in MC b/c the fact that you don't have to change the time for the season. Maybe i'm just more picky, but I think that it would take it to another level...Anyways, it does change close to the right time(can't remember too soon/too late). Maybe you could but in a option that would allow the user to set how far in advance to start changing. I'm guessing about 1-1 1/2hr. Once the sun starts going down it usually goes quickly...thanks
    This is going to be an advanced option that I'm going to have down the road. I'm also going to uncouple GammaControl from NaviVoice so that I don't have to do the code twice.

  8. #8
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    This is going to be an advanced option that I'm going to have down the road. I'm also going to uncouple GammaControl from NaviVoice so that I don't have to do the code twice.

    Great, Can't wait....Keep up the great work..
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  9. #9
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3
    Great, Can't wait....Keep up the great work..
    Thanks! I'll work on this over the weeked. And also will be working on Map Monkey integration.

    BTW: Notice I said "down the road". This means that its not going to be in the next version

  10. #10
    Registered User kollitiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Athens, GREECE
    Posts
    37
    Hi Guys

    I am trying to create a gamma control also, I manage to play the gamma and few steps with contrast but how can I play with brightness?

    0l33l can you pass me the settings for gamma, bright, contrast ? i am using GetDeviceGammaRamp, SetDeviceGammaRamp.

    I am doing it with VB so I will create it and give it to inherit it in Road Runner!

    Thanks

    Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Release] GammaControl v1.2
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 02:16 AM
  2. [Release] GammaControl v1.0
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
  3. [Release] GammaControl v.2
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 12:26 AM
  4. [Release] GammaControl v.1
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 12:25 AM
  5. NaviVoice v.7 Release!
    By 0l33l in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 03:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •