Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Feature Requests

  1. #1
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516

    Arrow Feature Requests

    Post your feature requests here

  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate lifeboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oregon Coast
    Posts
    160
    How about multiple presets for day and night, say maybe 10 each. Then the day/night mode buttons could step through the presets with each button press. Would make it a lot easier to adjust for changing conditions while driving.

    You could also have the automatic mode adjust by one step every x minutes starting at sunset.
    IEI PSB-4710, 1.5Ghz P4, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, Lilliput 8" TS, M2-ATX, BU-353,
    Ikey SL75 keyboard, BT Mini Keyboard, WLAN, EVDO, IC-PCR100 (AM/FM/VHF), HQCT, Centrafuse 1.6...

  3. #3
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeboat
    How about multiple presets for day and night, say maybe 10 each. Then the day/night mode buttons could step through the presets with each button press. Would make it a lot easier to adjust for changing conditions while driving.

    You could also have the automatic mode adjust by one step every x minutes starting at sunset.
    Hopefully in future versions. Currently working on FD support.

  4. #4
    Para Laura thanatos106's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Miami Beach,FL U.S.A
    Posts
    3,497
    What about MM support. can you do this or is to hard for you??

    Thanatos.
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

    Nissan Aux-in MOD


    Quote Originally Posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

  5. #5
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos106
    What about MM support. can you do this or is to hard for you??

    Thanatos.
    Its not hard. I just thought that people don't use MM anymore

  6. #6
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Its not hard. I just thought that people don't use MM anymore
    Bad assumption. I now have RR and MM talking back and forth extremely well.

    I have RR skin commands for all MM menu functions. So my MM needs no skin and is much better integrated into my RR skin.

    I have MM sending info to RR labels for Speed, Location (street, city, state, zip), next turn, distance to next turn, and direction of next turn on many of my screens other than the GPS one. Again tighter integration without flipping back and forth to the GPS skin.

    I have flash modules that read the speed from MM to automatically adjust the volume in my convertable. So at 30,50, and 70MPH the volume increases/ decreases 20% as my speed increases or decreases. Road noise from my 245/45VR40 tires is loud especially with the top down. These flash modules keep me from having to adjust the volume every time I speed up or slow down - convenience and safety.

    I have indicators strategically placed throughout my skins depicting the direction and type of the next turn. At a glance from most screens, I know what my next maneuver will be.

    I often use the advanced options of MM for external audio of the navigation voice from the RR audio so I can get my directions over bluetooth while my passengers enjoy the tunes uninterupted. Another advanced option I am particularly appreciative of is the daily logs which I use to document my mileage for business trips. I'm lazy and don't usually don't remember to document my starting/finish mileage. MM keeps up with this kind of info for me.

    Someone mentioned a day or two ago that he wanted pop up reminders whenever he got near someplace so he would remember to get the milk at the grocery store or pick up parts when near Auto Zone. I believe these tasks are available throu the other advanced option - trigger locations.

    And lastly Garo just developed a plugin for adding POIs that seems impressive although I have yet to implement it into my system.

    Given the above, I think with the ability to update MM with the new Destinator PN maps and the work being done on the PN SDK, MM will be around a long time with a rich and ever expanding user base.

    All we need now is for your Gamma Control to automate the day/night change to coincide with the RR day/night swap. I already created buttons using the double pipe stacked commands that do it, but automation equates to safety and convenience.

    Thanx

    Giz

  7. #7
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    I see your point, but the routing in d3 is horrid.

  8. #8
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    I see your point, but the routing in d3 is horrid.

    True, no argument there. I personally know how to read a map and understand its shortcoming in this area. and can compensate in my head.

    However, and I know this is purely a personal preference, I like it because it is more colorful than the competition. Airports, cemetaries, parks, rivers and lakes. I like the colorful roads, the SAPI voice option, the personalized icons, the notification of the city name as I pass through, its ability to talk to RR and GPSSecure, etc, etc, etc, ....

  9. #9
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ
    True, no argument there. I personally know how to read a map and understand its shortcoming in this area. and can compensate in my head.

    However, and I know this is purely a personal preference, I like it because it is more colorful than the competition. Airports, cemetaries, parks, rivers and lakes. I like the colorful roads, the SAPI voice option, the personalized icons, the notification of the city name as I pass through, its ability to talk to RR and GPSSecure, etc, etc, etc, ....
    Yeh, it definately paid off being developed by a member

    I'll add it in a future version.

  10. #10
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    thanx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Feature Requests
    By frodobaggins in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 02:03 AM
  2. Feature Requests
    By Nic in forum NeoCar Media Center
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 05:27 PM
  3. Feature Requests .... pretty please?
    By Chita79 in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 06:51 PM
  4. Feature Requests
    By frodobaggins in forum FP Feature Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 02:51 AM
  5. FP Feature Requests
    By frodobaggins in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 01:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •