Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: [Release] GammaControl v1.8

  1. #11
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    ol33l: So have you tested and confirmed that if you hibernate at NIGHT, and resume during DAY, it will switch over correctly?

    You said you tested (earlier post), but not sure under what scenario!

    I love this utility, I am so frustrated it won't work correctly though. This is my number one 'support software' in my carPC
    I tested it at night, and it resumed, and told me that it was going to switch the gamma to night. I thought it would work in the real world. Looks like i'm gonna have to do some more testing.

  2. #12
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    I think you're almost there. Just hibernate at nght, and resume during day -- see what happens under those circumstances, and hopefully fix the bug. Fingers crossed!!!
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  3. #13
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    I think you're almost there. Just hibernate at nght, and resume during day -- see what happens under those circumstances, and hopefully fix the bug. Fingers crossed!!!
    Well, kindo hard to do that when u're programming at 3am

    I'll **** around with the time before I hibernate next time.
    I'll try to work on this later tonight.

  4. #14
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    ol33l:

    FYI, I ran a test yesterday/today:

    Yesterday night I rebooted my carpc, left it in the desktop (already switched to NIGHT gamma). I then had it hibernate.

    Then this morning, and went ahead and resumed from hibernate, and it did not switch to DAY.

    The point of the story, is that CentraFuse had nothing to do with anything in this scenario, yet it did not work. Just so you know!
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  5. #15
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    ol33l:

    FYI, I ran a test yesterday/today:

    Yesterday night I rebooted my carpc, left it in the desktop (already switched to NIGHT gamma). I then had it hibernate.

    Then this morning, and went ahead and resumed from hibernate, and it did not switch to DAY.

    The point of the story, is that CentraFuse had nothing to do with anything in this scenario, yet it did not work. Just so you know!
    Any updates?

  6. #16
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    I promise I will test this out as soon as I figure out what the &^%^$%#$# is keeping my Carputer from connecting to my Home PC. Need to transfer the darn file. Not to mention a bunch of new music files too. grrr!!!!
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  7. #17
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    I promise I will test this out as soon as I figure out what the &^%^$%#$# is keeping my Carputer from connecting to my Home PC. Need to transfer the darn file. Not to mention a bunch of new music files too. grrr!!!!
    <reformat>

  8. #18
    Raw Wave justintime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,695
    Well ****. It was damn ^%%$#! Norton Antivirus' "Worm Protection" feature that was blocking the ports.

    All sorted now. Will send results of my testing tomorrow (Friday) morning.
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  9. #19
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime
    Well ****. It was damn ^%%$#! Norton Antivirus' "Worm Protection" feature that was blocking the ports.

    All sorted now. Will send results of my testing tomorrow (Friday) morning.
    Norton AV = Evil hog.

    Use Avast

  10. #20
    Constant Bitrate Paul C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    114
    Has there been any update on the hibernation problem yet?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Release] GammaControl v1.7
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 02:35 AM
  2. [Release] GammaControl v1.4
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 01:36 AM
  3. [Release] GammaControl v1.3
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 04:28 AM
  4. [Release] GammaControl v1.2
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 02:16 AM
  5. [Release] GammaControl v.2
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 12:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •