Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: [Release]: GammaControl v2.4

  1. #21
    Variable Bitrate vinzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    262
    Hello guys !

    I found very strange bug in Gamma 2.4, but maybe I am just wrong in some setings. So I am under RR and Free Drive. I am using Gamma with automatic day and night settings by GPS coordinates. Everything works just fne with my Gamma settings (let's say around 7pm it switch gamma to night and in the morning around 7am to day gamma. If this change happens during I am in my car - I can see how my screen staying more or less brighter - it is ok. And also if my FD is running the Gamma will automaticly change day or night skin in Free drive. But if let's say last time I started carputer was day and shut it down during the day (FD keeps day skin) if I start it during the night - gamma will switch brightness of the screen correctly BUT FD will stay in day skin I checked the box Change modes in FD in Gamma Control Config but still nothing How to ask Gamma to switch skins in FD doesnot matter what time I am turning it on (I want my screen in FD to be always on time of the day or night)
    Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english.
    Vinzer
    -------------------------------------------------
    BMW X5 Carputer Project
    Finished: 85%
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...lots-pics.html

  2. #22
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by vinzer View Post
    Hello guys !

    I found very strange bug in Gamma 2.4, but maybe I am just wrong in some setings. So I am under RR and Free Drive. I am using Gamma with automatic day and night settings by GPS coordinates. Everything works just fne with my Gamma settings (let's say around 7pm it switch gamma to night and in the morning around 7am to day gamma. If this change happens during I am in my car - I can see how my screen staying more or less brighter - it is ok. And also if my FD is running the Gamma will automaticly change day or night skin in Free drive. But if let's say last time I started carputer was day and shut it down during the day (FD keeps day skin) if I start it during the night - gamma will switch brightness of the screen correctly BUT FD will stay in day skin I checked the box Change modes in FD in Gamma Control Config but still nothing How to ask Gamma to switch skins in FD doesnot matter what time I am turning it on (I want my screen in FD to be always on time of the day or night)
    Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english.
    Vinzer
    Check the debug log to see if it send FD a command.

  3. #23
    Constant Bitrate Paul C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    114
    so any ideas on this white box that i get at the top of the screen?

  4. #24
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
    so any ideas on this white box that i get at the top of the screen?
    Probably something from the On Screen Text.

  5. #25
    Constant Bitrate Paul C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l View Post
    Probably something from the On Screen Text.

    well its on the opposite side of the screen to where the text normally is. it also does it with earlier versions of GC

  6. #26
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
    well its on the opposite side of the screen to where the text normally is. it also does it with earlier versions of GC
    Versions that are even before the integration of the on screen display

  7. #27
    Constant Bitrate Paul C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    114
    Yes even the versions before on screen display cos I thought that and went back to an earlier version and it still did it

  8. #28
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
    Yes even the versions before on screen display cos I thought that and went back to an earlier version and it still did it
    Hmmm.... I don't really know then. It may be the sendmessage part of the program, but that was implemented after the on screen display... so then it can't be it. Can you take a screen shot maybe

  9. #29
    Constant Bitrate Paul C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    114
    heres a link to the thread in the RR section I started about it and it has some screen shots White box top left

  10. #30
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
    heres a link to the thread in the RR section I started about it and it has some screen shots White box top left
    For some reason I doubt that its GC related, as you saw, liquidsmoke also has that problem, and he doesn't run GC.


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Release]: GammaControl v2.2
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 04:21 AM
  2. [Release]: GammaControl v1.9
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 02:30 AM
  3. [Release] GammaControl v1.3
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 05:28 AM
  4. [Release] GammaControl v1.2
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 03:16 AM
  5. [Release] GammaControl v.2
    By 0l33l in forum GammaControl
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 01:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •