Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Push button SPDT switch?

  1. #1
    FLAC muldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South-Central PA
    Posts
    1,241

    Push button SPDT switch?

    I'm working on my own motorized monitor for my car. I have a motor that works forward and backwards by reversing polarity. So I need an SPDT switch, but I'd like to use a push button SPDT. Is this switch correct? http://www.tubedepot.com/switches.html
    Will it work as follows: push/hold it...motor runs. release switch...motor stops. push/hold switch again...monitor runs opposite way.
    Is that correct?

    Better yet, I'd like to set it up so the motor runs (monitor comes out) when I start the car, and monitor reverses (closes) when I shut off the car.
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

  2. #2
    Raw Wave Rob Withey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by muldrick View Post
    I'm working on my own motorized monitor for my car. I have a motor that works forward and backwards by reversing polarity. So I need an SPDT switch, but I'd like to use a push button SPDT. Is this switch correct? http://www.tubedepot.com/switches.html
    Yep, one of those is a push button single pole double throw.
    Quote Originally Posted by muldrick View Post
    Will it work as follows: push/hold it...motor runs. release switch...motor stops. push/hold switch again...monitor runs opposite way.
    Is that correct?
    It'll work how you design and build it. Just a switch isn't going to do all that. There is more to the circuit needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by muldrick View Post
    Better yet, I'd like to set it up so the motor runs (monitor comes out) when I start the car, and monitor reverses (closes) when I shut off the car.
    Yep, it is possible to make a circuit to do that.
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Similar Threads

  1. Need wiring help for 2005 Grand Prix.
    By derekmac in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 09:42 PM
  2. Power Supply/OPUS Kill Switch
    By SpaceMonkey in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 10:58 AM
  3. iGmod Beta 2 release
    By PURDooM in forum Other Cool Stuff
    Replies: 625
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 02:52 PM
  4. X2VGA+ switch?
    By Tranman in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 12:11 AM
  5. ITPS reprogramming ?
    By naruto in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 01:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •