Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 154

Thread: Core Duo / Core 2 Duo Mini-ITX boards

  1. #131
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    What car is this for? The GTi or your Dodge? I know this is drastic, but maybe instead of having, whatever car its in, 5 seats, drop it down to 4 seats and build the middle seat into a center console that holds the PC. Mine is like this and has 2 large fans in the front that pull large amounts of air in and 2 in the back that pull the air out. My front console also has fans that pull the air in and out and by a thing of luck, when the A/C is on, the front console sucks in the A/C air, then blows it out the back of it, where then the second console gets that air, sucks it in, cools the P/C and then dumps the air out the back. It has worked very well so far.
    Guys - I'm not sure how this thread turned into a discussion about my car and my install, but that's not the intent.

    My current solution works 100% fine. The ONLY reason I posted anything about heat was to say that a full size desktop processor isn't ideal for me considering I need to keep it a quiet as possible.

    And thanks, but rebuilding the entire back seat of the GTi isn't going to happen. We have to keep the car in a state where we can pull the bottom cushions of the back seat out, throw a cooler, a pop-up tent, and all of our show stuff back there, then drive 16 hours to a show with the car when we need to.

    Again, I want to stress...my current location and solution fits my needs very well. The ONLY reason I EVER brought up the heat issue was to explain why I was looking for a mobile processor motherboard.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  2. #132
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
    Guys - I'm not sure how this thread turned into a discussion about my car and my install, but that's not the intent.

    My current solution works 100% fine. The ONLY reason I posted anything about heat was to say that a full size desktop processor isn't ideal for me considering I need to keep it a quiet as possible.

    And thanks, but rebuilding the entire back seat of the GTi isn't going to happen. We have to keep the car in a state where we can pull the bottom cushions of the back seat out, throw a cooler, a pop-up tent, and all of our show stuff back there, then drive 16 hours to a show with the car when we need to.

    Again, I want to stress...my current location and solution fits my needs very well. The ONLY reason I EVER brought up the heat issue was to explain why I was looking for a mobile processor motherboard.
    WOW, you get so touchy lately. Well we UNDERSTAND, I am SORRY for putting my 2 cents in. It will NEVER happen again.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  3. #133
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Kino-9452 with the 7.1 HD Audio. (Intel version with 6 back audio ports and 2 front)
    I would put the audio on this board against any USB and most (Don't jump on me Jan, I said MOST! lol) PCI soundcards. Since it's onboard, there aren't any configuration issues that I have found and has extreme controllability.
    I would not put this board against MAUSB based DACs - CA Datamagic, MF V300, Benchmark D1, Empirical Spoiler, WaveLength DACs, VAC Alpha, etc.....
    I also would not put this board against many USB to optical card - for example Empirical Audio USB Off-Ramp is an absolute killer http://www.empiricalaudio.com/frComputer_Audio.html
    But properly modifed Lynx with added Superclock 4 in properly tuned computer with a right software - is a best digital source in the world easly besting $20-50K dedicated CD transports - and doing it soo much better what it's not even funny.

  4. #134
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    43
    Well looks like I have a better set of requirements now - Penryn board(so Kino is out), PCI slot, do not care about onboard audio at all, but 2 display onboard video might be nice - Any suggestion - at any price

  5. #135
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    WOW, you get so touchy lately. Well we UNDERSTAND, I am SORRY for putting my 2 cents in. It will NEVER happen again.

    I guess I should just ignore you then...maybe that would have been the better solution.

    Perhaps my tone didn't come across correctly in text, imagine that.

    I'm not sure what set you over the edge on it, but I wasn't being touchy, I was heading off the entire discussion before it happened...since it wasn't necessary.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  6. #136
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    Quote Originally Posted by LCat View Post
    Well looks like I have a better set of requirements now - Penryn board(so Kino is out), PCI slot, do not care about onboard audio at all, but 2 display onboard video might be nice - Any suggestion - at any price
    Have you spent some time to look through the current list or even through the current offerings on the market? Chances are VERY good that you're not going to get someone on here to just tell you what to buy.

    That's something that's up to you.

    Just like you wouldn't get someone from the audiophile world to tell you that you should buy X speakers and Y amplifiers....that's not going to happen here.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  7. #137
    Variable Bitrate rijk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying that I should consider putting a CarPC in the engine bay of my car?
    a 1000 words: [media]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o280/imhotepke/meeting%2030-12-07/100_2517.jpg[/media]

    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...lvo-440-a.html

    i realy liked that position, it only got to cold. In sommer you switch on your blower of the car more often anyway. And the amount of airflow there is huge. Also, because its outside of the car. There is no noise in the car.

    Cold m4 startuptime: 33 sec. (full xp no tweaks)

  8. #138
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    1) I literally have no where to put a computer in my engine bay
    2) On a 115 degree day down here, the engine bay of the car routinely reached over 150 degrees
    3) Just because the cooling fans kick on more, doesn't mean that they keep the engine bay at a temperature low enough to sustain a computer.
    3a) cooling fans are designed to move air across a radiator, not to cool an engine bay
    4) I have a skid plate that effectively seals off the bottom side of the engine bay from the rest of the environment, meaning it gets even warmer in my engine bay

    You've suggested this to me before, btw. And the reasons it still wont work are the same.

    Perhaps it's not making sense because I'm using our temperature system. Maybe this would help

    115F = 46C
    150F = 65.5C

    Computers don't like to run in ambient temperatures of that nature and still remain reliable.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  9. #139
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
    I guess I should just ignore you then...maybe that would have been the better solution.

    Perhaps my tone didn't come across correctly in text, imagine that.

    I'm not sure what set you over the edge on it, but I wasn't being touchy, I was heading off the entire discussion before it happened...since it wasn't necessary.
    Wouldnt it have been easier to simply say, I was just using this as in axample, I have no heat issues.

    INSTEAD of doing stuff like THIS. Its COOL though, I really dont MIND if you ignore ME. Thats better then YOUR comments.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  10. #140
    Variable Bitrate rijk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
    1) I literally have no where to put a computer in my engine bay
    2) On a 115 degree day down here, the engine bay of the car routinely reached over 150 degrees
    3) Just because the cooling fans kick on more, doesn't mean that they keep the engine bay at a temperature low enough to sustain a computer.
    3a) cooling fans are designed to move air across a radiator, not to cool an engine bay
    4) I have a skid plate that effectively seals off the bottom side of the engine bay from the rest of the environment, meaning it gets even warmer in my engine bay

    You've suggested this to me before, btw. And the reasons it still wont work are the same.

    Perhaps it's not making sense because I'm using our temperature system. Maybe this would help

    115F = 46C
    150F = 65.5C

    Computers don't like to run in ambient temperatures of that nature and still remain reliable.
    Sorry i forgot i suggested it before, just trying to help.

    1)
    I am very creative with space, its part of my trade.
    The architect i used to work for told me that university changes the way you think, and it takes years to become aware of that. Thank you for making me a little more aware.
    But do try to bee creative there is always a little space somewhere.
    Fore example:
    My car has on the right side of the car before the front wheel the power-steering. But on the left side this space is completely empty they too are separate from the engine bay.
    You also don’t have to have all the components of your cpc in the same casing, this reduces the amount of space you need.
    Think outside the box, i know you can.
    Your car has to have a space to put your mobo and keep it cool without nois.

    2)
    I know the temp shortens the live-span of the mobo, but i did ask:
    Quote Originally Posted by rijk View Post
    If you change boards this quickly, maybe my old position of the mobo is a solution for you.
    3), 4)
    This goes for your car, not for mine. If you look at the pictures you see that it is not really part of the engine-bay.
    This position does keep the mobo cool, because it sits right on top of the air-intake of the interior fan.
    It was bolted on to it. The air has to pas over it. And so cooling is very good, i had the prove of that with the temp-readings of the dsx.
    You also see that it is a separate compartment and not part of the engine bay, i never sad it would cool the engine bay.

    Hope you get the cooling / position sorted out.
    If you need help i will be glad to brainstorm with you on the position of the mobo.

Similar Threads

  1. FAQ: Installing a Mac Mini in Your Car
    By Bugbyte in forum The FAQ Emporium
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 09:12 PM
  2. mac mini core solo enough for bootcamp?
    By replicant in forum MacCar
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 12:49 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 06:24 PM
  4. MINI atx or Itx
    By JDTUNER in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 11:31 PM
  5. Where to Purchase Jetway ITX boards?
    By SuperMatty in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 12:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •