Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Free wireless internet for my car...

  1. #21
    Raw Wave Defiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Temple Terrace, Fl.
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: Re: Re: HOLY SHIZNIT!!!!

    Originally posted by cproaudio
    If you got thousands of songs that you personally like at your finger tips, why would you listen to the music on the radio? Half of them are Spanish stations and the other half are Christian stations. I've listen to the radio for years before I built my MP3 player and all those time, I've never once heard the theme song to Dark Wing Duck. There are 3 reasons why I listen to the radio: news, sports and talk shows like love line.
    I like tchno and trance and the station that is always listed a #1 or 2 on shoutcast has some of the best techno around. Besides it's nice to have a "surprise" song every once in a while.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

  2. #22
    Banned outragis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    469
    I will tell you, I just got set-up with Sprint, and I am surfing right now with my computer that I am going to put in the Blazer through my cellphone!!! I can't beleave that it is unlimited, and does not use up my minutes! all I have to say is Awesome!!!
    It seems to be pretty quick also!

  3. #23
    Raw Wave Defiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Temple Terrace, Fl.
    Posts
    2,647
    Originally posted by outragis
    I will tell you, I just got set-up with Sprint, and I am surfing right now with my computer that I am going to put in the Blazer through my cellphone!!! I can't beleave that it is unlimited, and does not use up my minutes! all I have to say is Awesome!!!
    It seems to be pretty quick also!
    Another satisfied customer...
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

  4. #24
    Variable Bitrate Mikesz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    360
    do you have to have a sprint cellphone?? i have no idea how this stuff works

    mike
    91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

  5. #25
    Raw Wave Defiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Temple Terrace, Fl.
    Posts
    2,647
    Originally posted by Michael Szilagyi
    do you have to have a sprint cellphone?? i have no idea how this stuff works

    mike
    I'm using Sprint PCS. They are on the newer cell network. So, if your provider has a similar network you could use that one instead.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

  6. #26
    FLAC bosstone74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Japan, Oregon
    Posts
    1,180
    So let me get this straight
    You go through sprint, and your work pays for it. Do you know what kind of plan you are using? (how many mins, nights weekends..blah blah blah?) Now let's say you were paying for it...you use the cell phone just like a regular cell phone right? Now you are hooking up to the internet through that cell phone, and it doens't use your minutes, or charge you any extra? Am I getting this right, because now I am thinking about switching cell phone companys just for this. But my contract is up in oct. so it's going to have to wait.
    BossTone74

  7. #27
    Banned outragis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    469
    Originally posted by bosstone74
    So let me get this straight
    You go through sprint, and your work pays for it. Do you know what kind of plan you are using? (how many mins, nights weekends..blah blah blah?) Now let's say you were paying for it...you use the cell phone just like a regular cell phone right? Now you are hooking up to the internet through that cell phone, and it doens't use your minutes, or charge you any extra? Am I getting this right, because now I am thinking about switching cell phone companys just for this. But my contract is up in oct. so it's going to have to wait.

    Give that man a cigar!!! You are right on the money! I couldn't beleave it eather, free internet! You have to get on the pcs vision plan ($45.00-500 mins,nights and weekends) ... get a pcs vision phone($149.00 and a $100 rebate), and a usb cable and software ($50.00) and best of all, they don't have a deposit more then $125.00, if you don't have credit, or bad credit!

  8. #28
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846

    Re: Re: Re: HOLY SHIZNIT!!!!

    Originally posted by cproaudio
    If you got thousands of songs that you personally like at your finger tips, why would you listen to the music on the radio? Half of them are Spanish stations and the other half are Christian stations. I've listen to the radio for years before I built my MP3 player and all those time, I've never once heard the theme song to Dark Wing Duck. There are 3 reasons why I listen to the radio: news, sports and talk shows like love line.
    I was ******* with you.

  9. #29
    FLAC cproaudio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    so cal 2 hours from everywhere
    Posts
    1,120
    I thought Sprint has 2 vision plans: Vision plan for PCS vision capable phones which is unlimited access and Vision plan for laptops and PDAs that charges by data being transferred.
    http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/se...ansOptions.jsp then enter your zipcode then scroll down to the bottom.
    NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

  10. #30
    Newbie 4dalude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12
    I have the Sprint PCS Vision plan ... and after reading this thread, I'll be getting one these USB cables for my phone very shortly. I found one that charges your phone as well. I have the Sanyo (SCP-4900) phone. I got it for its phenomenal reception and battery life (read the reviews).... Right now when I d-load games,apps,or ringers, it is pretty quick. I can't wait to see what it will be like on my computer??!?

    I've had Sprint for a few years now and will always keep them because my # ends with all 5's (-5555) ..anyways when I bought this new phone I changed my plan to the vision plan...

    first 3 months unlimited internet free, then it is $10.00 xtra a month.

    might really be worth it now
    Komputer: PIII 866...60gb HD...384mg RAM...Geforce4 MX420 w/tvout...T.B. Santa Cruz soundcard .......
    System: Xtant 3300c amp...a/d/s/ 310rs2 sub...a/d/s/ 235is components...

    Install in progress ..... :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •