Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Intel D201GLY2A no video

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4

    Intel D201GLY2A no video

    I am getting power to the board, keyboard, mouse, and network connector.

    I have the correct 533 ram, and a pico power supply.

    The bios LED flashes constantly (never stops).

    Can anyone assist me??

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    351
    Blog Entries
    1
    Incompatible memory? Never heard of a bios LED before.

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate FPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by flo242 View Post
    I am getting power to the board, keyboard, mouse, and network connector.

    I have the correct 533 ram, and a pico power supply.

    The bios LED flashes constantly (never stops).

    Can anyone assist me??
    try another ram, and normal ATX supply... and put a speaker/buzzer to its port, then you will hear the error signal if there is...
    "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
    Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate Woofnstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    570
    have you checked that the pico PSU is strong enough to power the board...

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    It's a 90 watt power supply. Used a power supply tester on it and it passed.

    I assumed it was sufficent since it was the recommended one from the website i bought it from.(all of other devices HDD Etc runs on external power)

    Switched the ram chip 3 different times from the computer store all were brand new.

    The only thing in the manual that relates to this is a bios update, but i did not do anything except power it.

    Does this happens to everyone???????????????

    http://www.intel.com/assets/pdf/prod...201gly-tps.pdf link to the manual

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by FPeter View Post
    try another ram, and normal ATX supply... and put a speaker/buzzer to its port, then you will hear the error signal if there is...

    Um where is that. there is nothing on the board diagram that says speaker. only power, power led, reset, and hdd led. The manual said the bios uses the hdd led for bios codes.

    Soooo freakin lost its not funny.

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate FPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by flo242 View Post
    Um where is that. there is nothing on the board diagram that says speaker. only power, power led, reset, and hdd led. The manual said the bios uses the hdd led for bios codes.

    Soooo freakin lost its not funny.
    hmm, i have a D201GLY too, but did not realized that there is no speaker port on it, because i have never had any problem with it...

    i found that in manual the power led blinks the error code (page 45), you should try to decode it...

    are you connected the ATX12V? this mobo needs no high power from 12V rail so this connector is unnecessary, but there is no boot when unconnected...
    "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
    Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by FPeter View Post
    hmm, i have a D201GLY too, but did not realized that there is no speaker port on it, because i have never had any problem with it...

    i found that in manual the power led blinks the error code (page 45), you should try to decode it...

    are you connected the ATX12V? this mobo needs no high power from 12V rail so this connector is unnecessary, but there is no boot when unconnected...

    Disconnected it from the board. still getting a continuous flash from the LED.

    The only thing close to the code i am gettting is a bios update, but how can the bios be updating when this is the first time i have powered it on.

    Did the MP3CAR Store sell me a faulty board.

Similar Threads

  1. Core Duo / Core 2 Duo Mini-ITX boards
    By RedGTiVR6 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 10:30 PM
  2. Video Driver Problem. Display blank starting at Welcome Screen
    By 2k1Toaster in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 10:22 AM
  3. Build my PC?
    By diddy0071 in forum Newbie
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 12:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •