Here's the current plan, until I buy a more permanent CarPC.. Any suggestions are welcome, and lessons learned would be appreciated!
- Lilliput 8" Display - 859GL-80NP-C-TM - 2008 Version
- 8" Custom Bezel for an e46
- e46 HVAC Relocation Kit
- Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 Laptop with:
- (2x) 2.0 USB Ports
- (1x) Phone Jack
- (1x) LAN Connection
- (1x) PCMCIA Slot
- (1x) PCMCIA Slot with Card Reader
- (1x) SD Reader
- (1x) Stereo Headphone Jack
- (1x) Microphone Jack
- (1x) VGA Monitor Port
- (1x) RS-232 Serial Port
- 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse
- Custom Cupholder Mount
- BSW DICE iPod Kit (if needed with CarPC)
- BSW Speaker Audio Upgrade - Stage I
- BSW d110.e46c Subwoofer System (Includes Amp)
What other basic pieces do I need to look at to tie it all together?
What is the easiest way to incorporate HD Radio into my CarPC setup?
What's a good front-end to start testing with?
So does the Visteon HDZ300 HD Radio Component Car Tuner Kit or a DIRECTED DMHD1000 still look like the best option to incorporate HD Radio into a CarPC setup, or have there been new advances in this area?
Also, can these things be completely controlled by front-end software, or do you still have to mount the ugly little screen somewhere?