Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Turn on after standby

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    148

    Turn on after standby

    I bought a second hand epia 800mhz bord and i'm playing around with it at the moment and trying diffent things on it.
    I think after i have the lcd with touch i will be putting my comp in standby fot quick boot times.
    But how do you turn it back on if the comp is in the trunk and you have the keybord in the dash ?
    Now i just use the space on the keybord an it works ok on my desk.
    And when i resume out of standby i need to click on the administrator logo to login in to Win XP, is there a way to turn this off.

    Thanks
    More info here----> http://www.gijsje.net

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    310
    to put the carputer into / out of standyby / hibernation .. then youll need some sort of a shutdown controller... search the forum, and you'll find lots of info. For the logon thingy..

    read this, it explains how to get rid of that logon screen

    http://www.tweakxp.com/tweakxp/display.asp?id=168


    Richard
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
    Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    14
    This particular motherboard I have supposedly have an auto recovery turn on whenever there's a power outage. But I never got it to work. My solution is to just wire the cables to the front and connect it to a power on button i took out of an old case.

    If anybody's looking for a wireless mini keyboard and gyro/desktop mouse, compusa has one for 100 bucks. It's from gyration and it's the mouse movement is smoother than any wireless mouse I've seen so far.

  4. #4
    C4M
    C4M is offline
    Maximum Bitrate C4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    824
    Originally posted by magicogar
    This particular motherboard I have supposedly have an auto recovery turn on whenever there's a power outage. But I never got it to work. My solution is to just wire the cables to the front and connect it to a power on button i took out of an old case.

    If anybody's looking for a wireless mini keyboard and gyro/desktop mouse, compusa has one for 100 bucks. It's from gyration and it's the mouse movement is smoother than any wireless mouse I've seen so far.
    It doesn't work because you've hibernated the machine (and hi-jacked this thread).

    For the resume on AC to work, don't shut the computer down gracefully - just cut the power.

    With regard to the original question - assigning no password means that XP won't check it!

    C!
    http://carpc.riposte.net
    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    106
    Not true. For my mobo I can shut down properly and have it reboot after power failure. All that has to be done is just cut the power completely using a switch in the line or something.
    Maroon Monte Carlo In process of Being Pimped Out.

  6. #6
    C4M
    C4M is offline
    Maximum Bitrate C4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    824
    Originally posted by themurph1018
    Not true. For my mobo I can shut down properly and have it reboot after power failure. All that has to be done is just cut the power completely using a switch in the line or something.
    Is that board an EPIA 800?

    C!
    http://carpc.riposte.net
    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    14
    C4M

    Sorry for "hijacking" the thread. I was just expressing my opinions and didn't know there was a law against this here.

    As for your hibernation theory, I know how auto recovery works. I wasn't hibernating in the first place and I've tried imitating a power outage to test this out.

    skoda,

    There's a wireless poweron remote that some website is selling for 20 bucks i think. The link is around this forum somewhere.

  8. #8
    C4M
    C4M is offline
    Maximum Bitrate C4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    824
    Originally posted by magicogar
    C4M

    Sorry for "hijacking" the thread. I was just expressing my opinions and didn't know there was a law against this here.

    As for your hibernation theory, I know how auto recovery works. I wasn't hibernating in the first place and I've tried imitating a power outage to test this out.

    skoda,

    There's a wireless poweron remote that some website is selling for 20 bucks i think. The link is around this forum somewhere.
    We all welcome each others input - no need to play the 'I'm so abused' card.

    My response was specific to the EPIA 800 (one of which I own and use as well in my car), and responded to his particular query.

    If you want to sell your stuff here - do it in the right place - not in someone else's thread on a completely different topic. This is what prompted the 'hi-jack' comment. Don't be so precious.

    C!
    http://carpc.riposte.net
    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    14
    C4M,

    I see you don't think and analyze before expressing your comments. Stop being a troll my friend.

  10. #10
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    106
    Oh yeah my bad. I didnt know you were just talking about epia mobos.
    Maroon Monte Carlo In process of Being Pimped Out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •