Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 97

Thread: Zotac + ION = Nice MB ;)

  1. #31
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,187
    It is very good, I just built a media center with a buddy of mine last night using one of these boards. So far, very impressed, but looking forward to reading some of you all's reviews.
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  2. #32
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidder View Post
    It is very good, I just built a media center with a buddy of mine last night using one of these boards. So far, very impressed, but looking forward to reading some of you all's reviews.
    Can you use both video outputs (analog+HDMI) for dual display?
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  3. #33
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Punky View Post
    finally a good looking replacement for the intel's ****ty buggy dual core atom.
    Huh?
    What do you mean by this? The Zotac Ion mothrboards still use Atom CPUs.
    Either a dual core Atom N330 or a single core N230. But here just combined wit nVidia's new Ion chipset with GPU instead of using Intel's own chipset.

  4. #34
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,187
    Quote Originally Posted by kev000 View Post
    Can you use both video outputs (analog+HDMI) for dual display?
    We'll test it and get back to you.
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  5. #35
    Variable Bitrate Zogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    311
    I'm using the Zotac 630i mini-itx motherboard and a Celeron 430 35 watt cpu based on another recommendation I saw on this board. In the car it works great. Low power consumption, handles all the flash stuff with no problems, and I have the option to go to a dual core socket 775 if I ever need one.

    I tried it in the house running some video stuff but the Geforce 7100 just doesn't quite have enough oomph to handle some of the H.264 video I threw at it. Could probably do it with a better cpu but I didn't try it. Transport Stream videos ran about 70% cpu utilization.

    For just a little more than the Ion board you could get the Geforce 9300 based board and a low-end dual core cpu, which is what I'm thinking about for a media PC.
    Zotac N630I-D-E M/B w/ Nvidia 7100, E5300 cpu, Xenarc 700IDT, M2-ATX, XP, RR & DFX 5.1.

  6. #36
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    I'm not talking about the processor, i'm talking about the motherboard, intel has their own dual core atom mobo too, same processor, different bios and graphic chipset, its cheaper, but terribly buggy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blues View Post
    Huh?
    hat do you mean by this? The Zotac Ion mothrboards still use Atom CPUs.
    Either a dual core Atom N330 or a single core N230. But here just combined wit nVidia's new Ion chipset with GPU instead of using Intel's own chipset.

  7. #37
    Maximum Bitrate jpinkerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    464
    I've got the 630i WiFi version planned to go into the car, same processor as well. I'm just waiting on replacement PSU.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    I'm using the Zotac 630i mini-itx motherboard and a Celeron 430 35 watt cpu based on another recommendation I saw on this board. In the car it works great. Low power consumption, handles all the flash stuff with no problems, and I have the option to go to a dual core socket 775 if I ever need one.

    I tried it in the house running some video stuff but the Geforce 7100 just doesn't quite have enough oomph to handle some of the H.264 video I threw at it. Could probably do it with a better cpu but I didn't try it. Transport Stream videos ran about 70% cpu utilization.

    For just a little more than the Ion board you could get the Geforce 9300 based board and a low-end dual core cpu, which is what I'm thinking about for a media PC.

  8. #38
    Variable Bitrate Zogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by jpinkerton View Post
    I've got the 630i WiFi version planned to go into the car, same processor as well. I'm just waiting on replacement PSU.
    What PSU are you going to use? I bought a PicoPSU 120 wide input and it worked okay for a couple of days, then refused to turn on reliably. Just see the LED flash momentarily and then nothing. This was with the Zotac, Celeron, and a 2.5" SATA drive, and nothing else. All current req.'s well below the limits on the PicoPSU. This combo works perfectly with an M1-ATX, which is a 90W supply. Got a replacement PicoPSU and it's even worse. I'm hoping to get a refund for the Pico since it's unusable.

    I'm currently running the system off the M1-ATX, with a bastardized ATX extension cable hanging out of the case, which is too small for the M1. I have to run my display and HD-radio off car power, but at least the system works. It's all under the drivers seat so at least you can't see the wiring mess. Extremely disappointed with the PicoPSU though.
    Zotac N630I-D-E M/B w/ Nvidia 7100, E5300 cpu, Xenarc 700IDT, M2-ATX, XP, RR & DFX 5.1.

  9. #39
    Maximum Bitrate jpinkerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    464
    I was planning to use the M4-ATX but due to some firmware issues causing my M4's not to power, I'm going to make the switch to the DSATX 220. It should be here Wednesday.

  10. #40
    Variable Bitrate Zogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by jpinkerton View Post
    I was planning to use the M4-ATX but due to some firmware issues causing my M4's not to power, I'm going to make the switch to the DSATX 220. It should be here Wednesday.
    What is the firmware issue and on which device? I'm wondering if it's the same problem I saw with the PicoPSU. Sometimes it would work but usually not.
    Zotac N630I-D-E M/B w/ Nvidia 7100, E5300 cpu, Xenarc 700IDT, M2-ATX, XP, RR & DFX 5.1.

Similar Threads

  1. MSI Fuzzy 945GM1 MB dead?
    By Jistari in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 03:40 AM
  2. WTTF Nice momentary switches/Rocker switches
    By CavityCr33p in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 12:44 AM
  3. Looking for a really nice small toggle.
    By kiltjim in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 11:05 PM
  4. FS Lilliput 7" faceplate fabbed into Saturn ION dash
    By brandon in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 09:51 PM
  5. FS: MB Quart Seperates and Rear Deck Fills
    By Krystos in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 08:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •