Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Stereo only works when the car is stopped!

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29

    Stereo only works when the car is stopped!

    Ok....I failed today.
    I installed a new sony radio into my 01 galant and it works great, as long as the car is stopped. Once the car starts moving, the radio doesn't work! It turns off and beeps 3 times.
    Any help is appreciated!
    (oh, i didn't have a wiring harness so i connected the wires using a diagram from the internet...)
    Last edited by andruha1123; 02-17-2012 at 01:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Newbie Moysie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    46
    Blog Entries
    1
    Does it go off when you remove the handbrake or do you have to start moving first before it cuts off???

    Could you maybe upload a copy of the diagram you used?

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Moysie View Post
    Does it go off when you remove the handbrake or do you have to start moving first before it cuts off???

    Could you maybe upload a copy of the diagram you used?
    I never use the handbrake. Its like this though, I turn on the car, it works perfectly. Then i shift to D or R and start moving... thats when the radio turns off.

  4. #4
    Newbie Moysie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    46
    Blog Entries
    1
    OK, could you upload the diagram you used to wire up the radio?

    Maybe you could get someone to give you a hand and do a few tests.
    Once the car starts moving test to see if you lose the voltage, or if you lose your ground connection.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Moysie View Post
    OK, could you upload the diagram you used to wire up the radio?

    Maybe you could get someone to give you a hand and do a few tests.
    Once the car starts moving test to see if you lose the voltage, or if you lose your ground connection.
    I will upload the diagram later (i will be home in few days)
    but i tried ejecting the cd from the stereo and it worked.

  6. #6
    Raw Wave
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,118
    Does it cut out if you just rev the engine?

    Does it cut out with headlights on/off when taking off?

    (I assume you are traveling sub sonic?)

  7. #7
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    1,783
    And add to this list does it cut out if you roll forward in neutral...

  8. #8
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,820
    it is starting to sound like you are using the wrong remote wire-- some decks will allow for ejecting cd's when they are not getting any power from the remote wire, but still have constant power.

    in your car, it might have a wire to tell the radio when the car is in gear(for navigation system?)that you might be using for the turn on lead.

  9. #9
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    169
    if he's able to eject the disc in the HU's state, (when it shuts off in gear), the POWER line of the HU is functional, the ACC one is wired wrong, disconnect it and attach it to the same line as the POWER line as a test, if it remains on no matter what gear, dont connect back to that wire, instead, find the proper wire and use that...

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by andruha1123 View Post
    Ok....I failed today.
    I installed a new sony radio into my 01 galant and it works great, as long as the car is stopped. Once the car starts moving, the radio doesn't work! It turns off and beeps 3 times.
    Any help is appreciated!
    (oh, i didn't have a wiring harness so i connected the wires using a diagram from the internet...)
    Wondering how or if you resolved this, was is the wrong wire? I ask b/c I have exactly the same problem and I'm totally confused by it, I drive an 02 Galant & I also used a Sony deck got it all wired up and sat in the car all happy listening to it & then as soon as I go to move it shuts off, then comes back on at stop signs and red lights. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FAQ: Why not Home PC speakers for the car?
    By RedGTiVR6 in forum The FAQ Emporium
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 08:44 PM
  2. mp3 to car stereo cable
    By diesel_greg in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 09:33 PM
  3. XPlod car stereo with iPod interface
    By fishheadtw in forum Newbie
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 02:32 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 05:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •