Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Mini-ITX Powerfull motherboard

  1. #11
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    _Dejan_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ofakind View Post
    Save your pennies for Zotac's newest ITX.

    clarkdaleready-miniitx-motherboard

    Mal
    As Im say is not option. It DO NOT HAVE PCI SLOT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Punky View Post
    why worry about quick post speed if you're using s3 sleep anyway?
    it'll limit your selection choice quite a bit and it doesn't really change the performance.
    Because I will use hibryd sleep and if PC is more than 2h in S3 PSU cut of power and next time I turn it it make hibernate, this is reason for need quick POST... So when I just go to shop it turn on from S3 when I lave it over night it resume from hibernate...

  2. #12
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,025
    what kind of battery are u using? what psu?
    because you can leave a car on s3 sleep a lot longer than you might think. Mine is setup for voltage instead of a timer, so if my battery's voltage drop below 12.3V (or whatever i like) the psu will hard shutdown. And I've left my car for 2 - 3 days without hard shutdown happening.
    I drive my car everyday so it has to stay on s3 at least 12h/day which has never been a problem.

  3. #13
    Constant Bitrate simplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    151
    What about ASUS AT3N7A-I? Dual-core 1.6Ghz atom, pci slot, 8+2 USB, VGA, HDMI, 7.1 analog/digital,
    NVIDIA ION GeForce 9300
    Check my worklog:
    Corsa + Atom + Gentoo Linux + 9" capacitive touchscreen

    Lord of the boards: DFI CP100-NRM

    "Or you can try Ubuntu, but than don't tell everyone you are using linux,
    because it's just a secret unreleased prebeta of Windows 3829" :P

  4. #14
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    _Dejan_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Punky View Post
    what kind of battery are u using? what psu?
    because you can leave a car on s3 sleep a lot longer than you might think. Mine is setup for voltage instead of a timer, so if my battery's voltage drop below 12.3V (or whatever i like) the psu will hard shutdown. And I've left my car for 2 - 3 days without hard shutdown happening.
    I drive my car everyday so it has to stay on s3 at least 12h/day which has never been a problem.
    I have few 3 battery's in my car. 2x Fiamm FLB400(100Ah 4000A) and 1x another battery with 70Ah 2500A which will be replaced with Fiamm FLB300(75Ah 3000A). But I have little hungry audio system:
    Audison VRX 2.400(2x250WRMS at 4Ohm and 12.6V)
    Audison VRX 4.300(4x110WRMS at 4Ohm and 12.6V)
    Audison VRX 1.500(1x2000WRMS at 1Ohm and 13,8V)

    All 3 amplifiers are AB class. Reason why I don't want leave it more than 2h in S3 is that I don't want to much empty battery which can effect on my audio system...

    Quote Originally Posted by simplex View Post
    What about ASUS AT3N7A-I? Dual-core 1.6Ghz atom, pci slot, 8+2 USB, VGA, HDMI, 7.1 analog/digital,
    NVIDIA ION GeForce 9300
    Atom CPU is not powerfull enought. Currently I have Intel P8400 CPU which is Dual Core 2.4GHz and with very simple audio processing I get 20-40% CPU usage. In mode which I would like use this CPU can handle only two channel when I add aditional two all start crackling and stuttering...

  5. #15
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by simplex View Post
    What about ASUS AT3N7A-I? Dual-core 1.6Ghz atom, pci slot, 8+2 USB, VGA, HDMI, 7.1 analog/digital,
    NVIDIA ION GeForce 9300
    I would imagine it isn't powerful enough for him.

    Although I do question why you say the cpu isn't powerful enough? An 8400 is a pretty good everyday processor, what are you doing on a carpc to use it up?

    I like the Zotac boards, I've done two builds for people with them and had no problems. Great bang for buck feature wise, and I didn't have any driver problems. I used the mini-itx 9300 though.

    A quick power search on newegg reveals nothing, although they don't carry much in the ways of mini-itx. A good 75 results in matx tho. http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=49 <- that is a 775 socket mini itx with a pci slot, you will have to read through for the other features... Its an Intel DG41MJ.

  6. #16
    Constant Bitrate simplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by _Dejan_ View Post
    Atom CPU is not powerfull enought. Currently I have Intel P8400 CPU which is Dual Core 2.4GHz and with very simple audio processing I get 20-40% CPU usage. In mode which I would like use this CPU can handle only two channel when I add aditional two all start crackling and stuttering...
    What kind of apps are you running? My laptop only has a T5250 (1.5 dual core) and it's far
    enough for almost everything. What sound card do you have / how do you do audio processing?
    Check my worklog:
    Corsa + Atom + Gentoo Linux + 9" capacitive touchscreen

    Lord of the boards: DFI CP100-NRM

    "Or you can try Ubuntu, but than don't tell everyone you are using linux,
    because it's just a secret unreleased prebeta of Windows 3829" :P

  7. #17
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,494
    You need a real-time OS. The NT Kernel's scheduler just doesn't give a big enough time slice to mission-critical apps like audio processing. If you are really serious about doing audio processing, run Mac OSX or Linux. Getting bigger faster hardware is just a band-aid.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  8. #18
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    _Dejan_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by simplex View Post
    What kind of apps are you running? My laptop only has a T5250 (1.5 dual core) and it's far
    enough for almost everything. What sound card do you have / how do you do audio processing?
    You can look in my project thread what I run, In next week or two I will change sound card to one other(Already ordered)...
    This CPU can handle Phase Linear filter's but can't Fir-Min.
    I run for each channel Phase Linear crossover, Phase Linear EQ, Phase shift(on one channel is 180 on others is 0) and one instance TimeDelay.
    So currently runing:
    5xElectri-q VST plugins(Phase Linear)
    3xPhase PhaseBug VST plugins
    1xVoxengo Sound Delay

    So when I will switch to 4Way I will run:
    7xElectri-q VST plugins(Phase Linear)
    4xPhase PhaseBug VST plugins
    1xVoxengo Sound Delay

    But I would like try to use Fir-Min mode in Electri-q which is now on imposible... Also I will run CAN plugin for my new digital dashboard, which for gauges need a lot of CPU power...
    but now we are to way offtopic...

    Quote Originally Posted by kev000 View Post
    You need a real-time OS. The NT Kernel's scheduler just doesn't give a big enough time slice to mission-critical apps like audio processing. If you are really serious about doing audio processing, run Mac OSX or Linux. Getting bigger faster hardware is just a band-aid.
    If I will port from Windows(Centrafuse) to any other OS and frontend will cost me much more money and time...

    Lets focus on fast POSt motherboards, WITHOUT sharing PCI resources without other devices...

  9. #19
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ofakind View Post
    Save your pennies for Zotac's newest ITX.

    clarkdaleready-miniitx-motherboard

    Mal
    this is nice, but honestly for a carpc the 775 socket with 9400 video is better. the 4500hd-like video of the i3 cpu is OK, and wouldnt be a bad choice.. but it wont play very many games at all. the 9400 does put out a lot more heat though, so maybe thats something to consider.

  10. #20
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by _Dejan_ View Post
    I have few 3 battery's in my car. 2x Fiamm FLB400(100Ah 4000A) and 1x another battery with 70Ah 2500A which will be replaced with Fiamm FLB300(75Ah 3000A). But I have little hungry audio system:
    Audison VRX 2.400(2x250WRMS at 4Ohm and 12.6V)
    Audison VRX 4.300(4x110WRMS at 4Ohm and 12.6V)
    Audison VRX 1.500(1x2000WRMS at 1Ohm and 13,8V)

    All 3 amplifiers are AB class. Reason why I don't want leave it more than 2h in S3 is that I don't want to much empty battery which can effect on my audio system...



    Atom CPU is not powerfull enought. Currently I have Intel P8400 CPU which is Dual Core 2.4GHz and with very simple audio processing I get 20-40% CPU usage. In mode which I would like use this CPU can handle only two channel when I add aditional two all start crackling and stuttering...
    OMFG, Dejan, I didn't realize that audio was so CPU intensive. I too have been looking for a quad core setup, but in mini-itx form. My issue is that it also has to have 4 com ports. So I literally gave up on Quad core and went to Dual Core. I would love to go to a bigger MoBo, but my install doesn't have the space, unless I do heavy mods to my already heavy moded seat that houses the MoBo. My reasons for quad core are different, I want to do it because I want to run heavy graphics in my setup. The audio I am simply going with a X-Fi 7.1 setup, which is good enough for me.

    Do you compete your car in audio contests?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Jewway 2.0ghz mini itx motherboard
    By theonlykid in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 03:44 PM
  2. Mini ITX or Micro ATX
    By Dragonknell911 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 09:19 AM
  3. Mini Motherboard for Intel Celeron 2700
    By madkad in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 07:29 AM
  4. Mini ITX in car stereo?
    By ljstevens in forum Newbie
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 11:56 AM
  5. micro atx and mini itx case
    By dannn in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 10:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •