Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Using a Microphone & FM .. 2 "Line In" ??

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate war085's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    70

    Using a Microphone & FM .. 2 "Line In" ??

    Hey Guys,
    I have almost everything ready, but I can't figure out how to connect both the microphone for the car kit and the FM output to the same "Line in" or "mic" socket ..!

    How did you guys do it ?

  2. #2
    Low Bitrate war085's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    70
    Comon guys .. anyone using car kit and FM out there ?

  3. #3
    Raw Wave
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,118
    At the same time?

    Assuming the microphone is output only (eg - not an electret that required a power feed), then you's have to mix them together.

    That might be as simple as connecting together though a resistor network to preserve impedances. (That's a passive mixer.)
    Then there is relative volume controls (ie, vary resistances).

    Can't you split into different line ins - eg mic & line in (#2)?

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate bratnetwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Haledon, NJ
    Posts
    503

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate war085's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSpark View Post
    At the same time?

    Assuming the microphone is output only (eg - not an electret that required a power feed), then you's have to mix them together.

    That might be as simple as connecting together though a resistor network to preserve impedances. (That's a passive mixer.)
    Then there is relative volume controls (ie, vary resistances).

    Can't you split into different line ins - eg mic & line in (#2)?
    I can't split them ! I'm using a laptop setup, I only have line out and line in .. or maybe I can go for an external sound card ?

  6. #6
    Low Bitrate war085's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    70
    As far as I understand , this one is a manual one ! assuming I'm hearing the FM and then came a phone call .. then I have to switch it manually to the microphone and after the call switch it again back to FM .. I'm looking forward to a more automated one ...

    Hmmmm .... are there any USB Microphones ?!

  7. #7
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by war085 View Post
    As far as I understand , this one is a manual one ! assuming I'm hearing the FM and then came a phone call .. then I have to switch it manually to the microphone and after the call switch it again back to FM .. I'm looking forward to a more automated one ...

    Hmmmm .... are there any USB Microphones ?!
    the best ones are usb

    http://store.mp3car.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=andrea
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  8. #8
    Low Bitrate war085's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    70
    But I understand that Andrea Microphones needs also a MIC connection ..

    I think I'll invest in an external sound card like this one .. it have Mic in and line in and the 5.1 output will make my bass deeper ..



  9. #9
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by war085 View Post
    But I understand that Andrea Microphones needs also a MIC connection ..

    I think I'll invest in an external sound card like this one .. it have Mic in and line in and the 5.1 output will make my bass deeper ..


    the MIC connection gets plugged into the usb adapter which in turn plugs into the computer. And that particular external sound card is:

    1. Crap (bought it and returned it)
    2. Only allows 1 input either line-in OR mic-in even though there's two distinct connectors
    3. Crap (i must stress this)

    Most external sound cards dont allow both mic input and line-in. One that does is the Creative Sound Blaster Live 24-bit external, which i used for years in the car and still use at work. Take it from someone that has years of experience and has spent $$$ 3 times over for not reading up before purchasing. Any Andrea mic or any usb mic in general will solve your issue better and cheaper than trying out a new sound card.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  10. #10
    Low Bitrate war085's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    70
    Thanks a million .. I was about to order the sound card tonight ! I think I understand the Andrea more from this pic:

    There are two inputs in the adapter, one goes to the mic and how about the other ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LinuxICE Beta3
    By tripzero in forum LinuxICE
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 12:21 PM
  2. FM Radio Input Via Aux Line
    By 2muchwires in forum Newbie
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 04:27 PM
  3. Problem compling rr with latest source code
    By Sonicxtacy02 in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 06:08 PM
  4. iBug Logitech Microphone Install (pics)
    By Bugbyte in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 02:29 PM
  5. Need help. (do i need a line driver?) fm mod.
    By Slitha in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 12:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •