Finding those damn gremlins
I am trying to chase an on-going issue that has baffled me for a LONG time. Hopefully, the smart people on the forum will be able to point me to where I should be looking...
I will describe issue by taking us on a step-by-step of an event:
1. Start up Car
2. Computer starts (Fans audible)
3. BIOS displays
4. GRUB displays
5. Crash/lock-up or something that causes system to halt
6. Hit the shut-off switch (which is on the ACC line)
7. Wait the 2+ minutes for the system to totally shutdown (fans off)
8. Hit switch
9. Computer *starts* (fans audible)
11. Repeat #7, except wait 10+ minutes
12. Hit Switch
13. Computer starts (Fans audible)
14. BIOS displays
15. GRUB displays
16. Working system
A side note: after #5 other things stop working as well. Specifically, my rear camera and the switch tied into my GPS unit (see my worklog on that) -- both of which are tied into the ACC line.
There's 2 identied problems -- they system locking up and whatever you want to call the 2nd event. Today's question is on the 2nd event. I'm not sure how the system locking up is linked to my reverse camera stopping working.
So, any ideas???
BTW: I am using an M3-ATX as my DC-DC adapter.