Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Control neon lighting, lights, amps, etc from pc?

  1. #51
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by guitar333
    im not sure but i remember reading that with XP there is a new thing that doesnt allow parallel port manipulation or something like that
    Has anyone tried using the USB port? I've searched pretty extensively, but no results. That seems like the way to go.


    .brit

  2. #52
    FLAC Mastero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by guitar333
    im not sure but i remember reading that with XP there is a new thing that doesnt allow parallel port manipulation or something like that

    Yes your right and there is a way around for it. I have been using parrallel port relay to control my a/c and other thing in XP.

    Thats right you can use it works great i have posted it in the software section.

    Mastero

  3. #53
    Variable Bitrate Superduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    296
    Well, the advantage of parallel port over serial data (USB/serial) is the simplicity. Without much experience at all, I was able to make an LED turn on and off from a basic program. (One of my first test projects, whee!) Using USB, you'd need to build a circuit that would read serial data and convert it to useable output.

    Anyway, when researching Parallel Port electronics stuff, I came across this link:

    http://www.lvr.com/usb.htm

    Also, for anything USB, there's this site, which has lots of cool gadgets.

    http://www.usbstuff.com/

    Hope some of this helps,

    Kris

  4. #54
    mst
    mst is offline
    Constant Bitrate mst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    France
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by bmzero
    Has anyone tried using the USB port? I've searched pretty extensively, but no results. That seems like the way to go.


    .brit

    you might have a look on this:
    http://www.ravar.net/R_ProductUSBs.htm
    you can also get them from Dontronics

  5. #55
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19
    HI,

    This is a nice little unit, you can use your USB port for inputs and OUTPUTS

    The K8055 interface board has 5 digital input channels and 8 digital output channels. In addition, there are two analogue inputs and two analogue outputs with 8 bit resolution. The number of inputs/outputs can be further expanded by connecting more (up to a maximum of four) cards to the PC's USB connectors. All communication routines are contained in a Dynamic Link Library (DLL). You may write custom Windows (98SE, 2000, Me, XP) applications in Delphi, Visual Basic, C++ Builder or any other 32-bit Windows application development tool that supports calls to a DLL.

    Website: http://www.velleman.be/common/product.Aspx?id=351346

    Cheers !

  6. #56
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    39
    Awesome info.

    I knew you guys would know.


    thanks again,
    .brit

  7. #57
    Maximum Bitrate albysure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    pittsfield, ma.
    Posts
    685
    sounds great but i cant write code so if anyone is interested in doing me a favor...

  8. #58
    Raw Wave wizardPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by rwijbenga
    HI,

    This is a nice little unit, you can use your USB port for inputs and OUTPUTS

    The K8055 interface board has 5 digital input channels and 8 digital output channels. In addition, there are two analogue inputs and two analogue outputs with 8 bit resolution. The number of inputs/outputs can be further expanded by connecting more (up to a maximum of four) cards to the PC's USB connectors. All communication routines are contained in a Dynamic Link Library (DLL). You may write custom Windows (98SE, 2000, Me, XP) applications in Delphi, Visual Basic, C++ Builder or any other 32-bit Windows application development tool that supports calls to a DLL.

    Website: http://www.velleman.be/common/product.Aspx?id=351346

    Cheers !
    only place i can find this is from qkits in canada. anyone know of anywhere else I can get this or perhaps a similar product?

    I wanna get ahold of one of these and write an interface like, but better than, my program for the parallel card
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

  9. #59
    mst
    mst is offline
    Constant Bitrate mst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    France
    Posts
    139
    Hi
    I understand from Velleman's site that they are not alllowed to sell them in USA.You might get them from Neiderlands for 35 euro (in france they cost 55 euro:
    http://www.kokonderdelen.com/shop.php?cat=7
    I do not know if it is cheaper then Canada?
    You might also look on tha Ravar USB I/O24:
    http://www.ravar.net/R_ProductUSBs.htm
    You can get them from Dontronic for $ 70
    http://www.ravar.net/R_ProductUSBs.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardPC
    only place i can find this is from qkits in canada. anyone know of anywhere else I can get this or perhaps a similar product?

    I wanna get ahold of one of these and write an interface like, but better than, my program for the parallel card

  10. #60
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    176
    N CA 94002,
    Belmont
    Jameco Electronics
    1 650.592.6718
    1 650.591.9741
    1355 Shoreway Road

    OH 45066,
    Springboro
    MCM
    1 937.434.0031
    1 937.433.3272
    Distribution Center

    QC H9R5C7,
    Pointe Claire
    Future Electronics
    1 514.694.7710
    1 514.630.2603
    237 Hymus Blvd

    UT 84058,
    Orem
    Hobbytron
    1 877.606.8766
    1 800.470.1606
    1216 South 1580 West Bldg. C

    IL 60007,
    Elk Grove
    Happ Controls
    1 847.593.6130
    1 847.593.6137
    106 Garlisch Drive

    OH 43026,
    Hilliard
    Micro Center - Columbus
    1 614.850.3284
    1 614.850.3933
    P.O. 910

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •