Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: CustomGadz=Bad Business

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3

    CustomGadz=Bad Business

    All I can say to anyone ordering this product is this guy Dave who runs this operation is either a fraud or a completely irresponsible business man. I ordered the MimicsX2 whatever back in January 2013 only to receive promises of delivery in a week then oh I've been busy and forgot about you to, I've got your package right in front of me waiting to go to the postal carrier. Lately the lie has been to send me a tracking number by email to an Australian postal carrier but the number tracks to nothing. It is now April 14, 2013

    I even told this guy that I would search this product and warn all who are considering ordering from this company/guy Customgadz/Dave. I am sick and tired of dealing with this guy.

    I have all the email correspondence with verifiable proof of this guys fraud or lies or whatever kind of business this guy is running. I don't know how they do business in Australia but anywhere else in the world these kind practices would put you out of business. and I am considering posting it on the net make it searchable for others to see the method of lies he tells to the unsuspecting.

    Don't get me wrong Dave has answered some, not all email correspondence and he has been most cordial. I want to be sweet talked out of my money as badly as I want to be a victim of armed robbery. Which is honestly what this is starting to feel like. I don't know what recourse I have due to being on two different continents.

    Since I lost my money I hope my story saves someone else from the same fate.
    No MimicsX2, no money no way to get JUSTICE!

    This is some B.S. Dave!

    SO FAIR WARNING TO ALL CONSIDERING ORDERING THIS PRODUCT.

    If this guy sends my merchandise I will update my post. But the fact remains about the blatant lies and bad business this guy Dave has presented thus far.

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    Same Experience. DO NOT BUY from the guys unless you have hundreds of dollars to give away. Its been over a year since I ordered my MimicX2 from this company also. Never received the product. I've made multiple attempts to get a refund and get email responses that promise a date I will received a refund but it never comes. I've spoken to staff at the company several times regarding no shipment of my product over email and they continually give the answer that they are busy with travel or other excuses and never send a refund or the product. SCAM Alert!!

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    612
    You guys need to follow the mimics thread.. There was information given there to reach the Australia authorities. One person already posted that his money was refunded within hours of the report being filed.

    Enough people file with the proof of the scam and they will have to do something with him.

  4. #4
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedrod View Post
    You guys need to follow the mimics thread.. There was information given there to reach the Australia authorities. One person already posted that his money was refunded within hours of the report being filed.

    Enough people file with the proof of the scam and they will have to do something with him.
    FYI. We haven't had any "authorities" contact us in regards to customer complaints. We have done many refunds already (read the thread). Nearly all the people that waited have received the mimics.

    Also you need to read your statement again and compare it to what was said in the thead. The time which the refund was given and the reason why the refund was processed are incorrect.


  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    612
    You mean THIS thread?
    http://www.mp3car.com/android/149669...mirroring.html

    The one where ONE person has received their product after over a year of issues with you and where ONE person received a refund a few hours after filing a report with authorities?

    And numerous others who have stated they have NOT received refunds from you?

    Latest being 5/12 which was shortly before you making this bogus statement?

    It is interesting that you come on the system to try to make THIS thread out to be misleading to you but yet YOU don't actually comment in the thread where numerous people have complained of your bad service.
    You have the opportunity to make things right but you need to go to that thread and make it right instead of coming here and presenting misleading information that is totally false based on the feedback of other members.

    Falsely displaying that you have product available and shipping when you DON'T have product on hand and then making promises to people that you never follow up on and sending out enough product to make people think there might be a chance something might happen? It is very poor business practice and you need to make it right somehow or need to get out of running a business. Or you can continue to try coning people out of their money. I am glad I never got involved with your company and never will because of the feedback and your lack of customer service.

    Its all there in the above linked thread.. And you are trying to say it is all lies... So go repond on THAT thread and challenge those people and prove them to be wrong... All they want is product or their money back. No more of your false promises.. Which by the way is illegal and they are totally in the right to file against you.

  6. #6
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedrod View Post
    You mean THIS thread?
    http://www.mp3car.com/android/149669...mirroring.html

    The one where ONE person has received their product after over a year of issues with you and where ONE person received a refund a few hours after filing a report with authorities?

    And numerous others who have stated they have NOT received refunds from you?

    Latest being 5/12 which was shortly before you making this bogus statement?
    Yes, thats the thread.. Sorry I forgot to link it.
    I have explained the "issues" in the main thread.
    I never stated "everyone" received their refunds. If it could be done in 1 day, it would of been done long time ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedrod View Post
    It is interesting that you come on the system to try to make THIS thread out to be misleading to you but yet YOU don't actually comment in the thread where numerous people have complained of your bad service.
    You have the opportunity to make things right but you need to go to that thread and make it right instead of coming here and presenting misleading information that is totally false based on the feedback of other members.

    Falsely displaying that you have product available and shipping when you DON'T have product on hand and then making promises to people that you never follow up on and sending out enough product to make people think there might be a chance something might happen? It is very poor business practice and you need to make it right somehow or need to get out of running a business. Or you can continue to try coning people out of their money. I am glad I never got involved with your company and never will because of the feedback and your lack of customer service.
    This "Falsly displaying", "dont have product", "poor business practice", "conning people" was all to do with the rapid popularity and expansion of our product/business and nothing else. Our first iOS mimics was moderately popular and we kept up with orders no problem. Have a read of that thread and let me know how many refunds/complaints there were. You will find that it is zero

    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedrod View Post
    Its all there in the above linked thread.. And you are trying to say it is all lies... So go repond on THAT thread and challenge those people and prove them to be wrong... All they want is product or their money back. No more of your false promises.. Which by the way is illegal and they are totally in the right to file against you.

    I understand you are upset despite not doing any business with us.. There are no lies, just miscalculation of timelines and unexpected problems.
    Last edited by customGadz; 05-14-2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: remove phantom "quote" label

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    612
    Zero? Wow... Not sure what thread you are reading.. I see MANY complaints of no refunds and only 1 response stating they have received a refund.

    This is not MOST people... MOST generally means more than those that didn't. The implication would be that only a few haven't received refunds yet but it appears that you are pretty much refusing to give returns to MOST people in hopes they will be satisfied when they get a product regardless of the current status of their desire.

    Actually I had looked at buying one of your products before I got half way through the thread. Then I of course, as others have also done, reconsidered.

    And who cares of the past success and such of your product. It has no bearing what so ever on what is going on now. Just because someone produced a great product once and had great support doesn't excuse them acting in an illegal fashion later hoping to put people off until they could produce a product. Still receiving orders and telling people the product is being sent out right now when you have no clue when the product will actually be available is scamming people and is illegal. Putting people off not giving them refunds when they requested them due to lack of product is illegal.

    Coming here and falsely stating there are no current complaints is pitiful. I am done commenting on this as I am sure there will be far more than enough people commenting on this on their own. Be rest assured any future products produced by you won't be nearly as popular unless you make it worth peoples while.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    47
    I agree with the others. Dave is a sweet talker and got me to delay my cancellation at least one. mine was In the next batch lol. never shipped.

    Dave for the record I have filed a complaint against you with Australian authorities. whether they can help me or not, idk, but whether I get my money back or not, I'm going to do everything I can to warn other buyers.

    having a website that says you can ship in 7-10 days while you have back orders is shady enough for me. add the lack of updates, not giving refunds in a timely matter just destroys your credibility. like someone place said, you may have the greatest product but customer service makes it irrelevant.

    I understand you've had issues but leaving us in the dark was a terrible plan.

  9. #9
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedrod View Post
    Zero? Wow... Not sure what thread you are reading.. I see MANY complaints of no refunds and only 1 response stating they have received a refund.

    This is not MOST people... MOST generally means more than those that didn't. The implication would be that only a few haven't received refunds yet but it appears that you are pretty much refusing to give returns to MOST people in hopes they will be satisfied when they get a product regardless of the current status of their desire.

    Actually I had looked at buying one of your products before I got half way through the thread. Then I of course, as others have also done, reconsidered.

    And who cares of the past success and such of your product. It has no bearing what so ever on what is going on now. Just because someone produced a great product once and had great support doesn't excuse them acting in an illegal fashion later hoping to put people off until they could produce a product. Still receiving orders and telling people the product is being sent out right now when you have no clue when the product will actually be available is scamming people and is illegal. Putting people off not giving them refunds when they requested them due to lack of product is illegal.

    Coming here and falsely stating there are no current complaints is pitiful. I am done commenting on this as I am sure there will be far more than enough people commenting on this on their own. Be rest assured any future products produced by you won't be nearly as popular unless you make it worth peoples while.
    I was referring to the original iOS only mimics thread as I already explained. This is where there are "NO" complaints. Please read my statements carefully to avoid confusion.

  10. #10
    FKA CivicModz
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by pdanders View Post
    I agree with the others. Dave is a sweet talker and got me to delay my cancellation at least one. mine was In the next batch lol. never shipped.

    Dave for the record I have filed a complaint against you with Australian authorities. whether they can help me or not, idk, but whether I get my money back or not, I'm going to do everything I can to warn other buyers.

    having a website that says you can ship in 7-10 days while you have back orders is shady enough for me. add the lack of updates, not giving refunds in a timely matter just destroys your credibility. like someone place said, you may have the greatest product but customer service makes it irrelevant.

    I understand you've had issues but leaving us in the dark was a terrible plan.
    First, sorry you had to go to the effort of filing a complaint. We haven't been contacted yet, although you will get a refund from us regardless of the outcome.

    Ok, I must admit that that the shipping times haven't been updated but payments to the website have already been disabled for the last 2 weeks. So either way, you cant buy a mimicsX2 at the moment until we fulfill all the backorders/refunds. When everyone's happy again, we will more more than willing to enable purchases again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hardware Review: CustomGadz X2 Module for Android
    By Sonicxtacy02 in forum Mp3Car Blog Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 11:22 PM
  2. New to the business
    By CMJ in forum Newbie
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 11:10 PM
  3. My New Business
    By Gutter in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-10-2002, 07:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •