Motherboard boot logo
Hi all ive been searching the web on how to edit the boot logo thats contained in the bios...my motherboard an MSI 815 pro / or 6334. has a Tiny computers logo but i fancy changing it to something more appropriate like a VW logo or something...
Has anyone got any info on how to do this....
All sorted now doing a nice vw logo....
All the info you need..
Originally Posted by Blop
Originally Posted by Blop
I'd love to do this to my M10000 EPIA as it has a full screen boot logo. Anyone willing to be the guinea pig here? I dont want to F**k up my new board.
I might as well try it.. You can always restore it!
Here is full instructions and an example.
I made my M10000 show the BMW logo on startup. It's quite easy, really. I followed the instructions here:
THERE ARE FIVE VERY IMPORTANT POINTS! READ THEM BEFORE DOING ANYTHING:
1) These tools are made only for AWARD BIOS! If you have a phoenix bios or something else then DONT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
2) I have created and installed boot logos into many boards; however, I only know the tools and methods below work only with the M1000 board. Other AWARD BIOS boards may require different software version, or may not support boot logos (many BIOS do not support full-screen boot logos at all!)
3) I used CBROM V2.01A to modify the BIOS image because I saw somewhere that it was recommended for this board. There are newer versions, but this one worked for me, and it will probably work for you too. Download THIS VERSION here:
4) You have to rename your BIOS filename for CBROM to recognize it for some reason. In my case, the BIOS filename was i010010b2.bin, but CBROM would not accept this as an input filename. I renamed it to 2a4ib000.bin to modify the image, then renamed it back.
5) There is no fifth point, but if you skipped down here without readin the rest, go back and read the whole post. I'm not going to get a message from your dumb *** when you turn your motherboard into a paperweight.
If anyone for whatever wants a BMW logo boot screen for their EPIA M10000 and doesnt want to risk blowing up the board, I attached my modified, tested ROM. Note that the logo is stretched to appear circular on a 16:9 screen like my Xenarc. If you use it on a 4:3 monitor it will be an oval!
Edit: It seems attachments dont work here? Maybe a problem with the new version of the software? Anyway if you want the BMW logo EPIA M10000 logo'd bios, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you
Just done a gorgeous one of a VW logo....If i change the 98 lite one to the same it will look well flash..
Hahahaha, love the fifth point
Sweet! Just glad to hear that someone else has already done it. Now I just have to figure out what kind of logo to make? Maybe a Mazda logo? Any Suggestions?
Originally Posted by Odie
I RECKON A VW LOGO FOR YOU TOO...
that way you can at least feel inside you have a real car