Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: spectrum analyzer (killer lights holmes)

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate SjLucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Posts
    750

    spectrum analyzer (killer lights holmes)

    Well im startin to rework my sub enclosure... this time Im doin plexi and I thought it would look really tight if I had a spectrum analyzer built out of leds right into the design... but here is the problem... I cant seem to find any curcuits that suit my design. (Here and Google).. So alast Im here writtin this thread... pleading for help....
    Basicly this is what I want to do. I have a design I want to make out of leds and have them all linked up to some sort of curcuit that reads from the line out of my deck unit and display the audio spectrum being played.

    Anyone want to take a wack at it???
    I plan on startin buildin this in two weeks. any info will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by menudude View Post
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate SinnerG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    213
    Try this. It says it's discontinued, but if you check Jameco, or Digi-Key, you may find it. I know I've seen it online somewhere?

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate Superduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by SjLucky
    Well im startin to rework my sub enclosure... this time Im doin plexi and I thought it would look really tight if I had a spectrum analyzer built out of leds right into the design... but here is the problem... I cant seem to find any curcuits that suit my design. (Here and Google).. So alast Im here writtin this thread... pleading for help....
    Basicly this is what I want to do. I have a design I want to make out of leds and have them all linked up to some sort of curcuit that reads from the line out of my deck unit and display the audio spectrum being played.

    Anyone want to take a wack at it???
    I plan on startin buildin this in two weeks. any info will help.
    Hmm.. my first post on this forum and it's not even the obligatory introduction.

    Perhaps one of these will work?
    http://www.web-ee.com/Schematics/Thr...ecAnalyzer.htm
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/wjmoore/pic/proj_spec2.html
    http://www.gold-line.com

    Anyway, there are several other choices listed on Google, but most of them were just three channel. I think the centre one looked the most promising, if you can read that.

    Well, good luck,

    Kris
    (Work in Progress, car currently awaiting replacement steering column after lame-*** tried to steal it)
    [edit for speelig eerors]

  4. #4
    FLAC mp3z24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by SinnerG
    Try this. It says it's discontinued, but if you check Jameco, or Digi-Key, you may find it. I know I've seen it online somewhere?
    those velleman kits have been discontinued for a bit now.
    if you are lucky enough to even find one on ebay or the likes, be prepared to pay over $100 for them.

    ~mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate SjLucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Posts
    750
    if you are lucky enough to even find one
    Look at my nick and tell me Im not lucky....
    Quote Originally Posted by menudude View Post
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

  6. #6
    Newbie bdqpdx2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cranbury NJ
    Posts
    38

    found it?

    is this what you were looking for?

    http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/3chspec.htm

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by bdqpdx2000 View Post
    is this what you were looking for?

    http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/3chspec.htm
    Did you look at the date of that last post??
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •