Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Hardware vs. Vibrations?

  1. #11
    Newbie JeeP-3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Oman - Middle East / England for Uni
    Posts
    47
    hehehe!

    You know, if I wanted an accurate movie / film, I would have paid attention to the movies in History class, rather than checking out the hot girl.

    When I go to the movies... I want to be entertained.

    LXG may have it's flaws, but it is entertaining.

    Bruce Almighty got slated too... but seeing Jennifer Aniston squeeze her boobs and say "I think they're getting bigger" is entertainment enough...

    Tomb Raider may be struggling to have a plot, but it's got guns, gadgets, Angelina Jolie and a Jeep Wrangler. What's not to like?

    Film critics are becoming too snobbish. Go out, have fun, enjoy the movie, and if it sucks you're only out a couple dollars.

    Some critics thought Jonny English was a crap movie too. I couldn't stop laughing all the way through it.

    I'm out to watch a movie not a documentary. Do you realy have 40-cop-car pile ups in your average highway pursuit? Nope... but BluesBrothers was a great film!

    Can't wait to see the new Italian Job movie either... some people said "it was not much different from the first one." - Great. I liked the first one.

    And again, that Excalibur convertible. No it's not a 1920's car. But it looks gorgeous and is possibly one of the most unique vehicles of the 80's... and with a little work you could make it embaress a modern day Mustang. I can't remember but I think at one point they claimed a top speed of 149 mph for that monster?

    Drop in a modern 350 Chevy with some tuning work and that thing will fly.

    Some people hate them... but how does it feel to be overtaken by a car that looks 80 years old? And how does it feel to have my future junkyard-rescued-car turn heads from their brand new Porsche Cayanne?

    I like it. It's a gorgeous motor.

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate deadweasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeP-3
    Drop in a modern 350 Chevy with some tuning work and that thing will fly.

    Some people hate them... but how does it feel to be overtaken by a car that looks 80 years old? And how does it feel to have my future junkyard-rescued-car turn heads from their brand new Porsche Cayanne?

    I like it. It's a gorgeous motor.
    Take it a step further and add neon, hydraulics, and thumpin' sound. Watch them all bug out at THAT! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Seriously, that looks like one helluva killer ride to tool about the streets! I haven't seen any of those around here, and it really looks like an homage to the old meets new...

    Corvette engine? Damn... Oh yeah, you should trick that bad boy up and bring it out to the Woodward Cruise sometime. There's a ton of rednecks all burning out their tires in their suped up Camaros and Firebirds. Come put em to shame, and I will have a picture worth poster status for my wall!!
    The ALEXIS Project
    MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
    Color Coding :
    DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

  3. #13
    Newbie JeeP-3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Oman - Middle East / England for Uni
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by deadweasel
    Take it a step further and add neon, hydraulics, and thumpin' sound. Watch them all bug out at THAT! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Seriously, that looks like one helluva killer ride to tool about the streets! I haven't seen any of those around here, and it really looks like an homage to the old meets new...

    Corvette engine? Damn... Oh yeah, you should trick that bad boy up and bring it out to the Woodward Cruise sometime. There's a ton of rednecks all burning out their tires in their suped up Camaros and Firebirds. Come put em to shame, and I will have a picture worth poster status for my wall!!
    Hehe nah, No neon, no hydraulics.

    Plenty of Chrome, bright red paint, and definitely a quality audio system. I wonder if I can get wire wheels in the 18-20 x 9-10 range... stocks are 15x8. hehe that will be expensive.

    It would just be a joy to cruise the beach roads with the top down in that. With a V8 rumble it's guarenteed to turn heads.

    Bit far to bring it out to any of the cruises... it's sitting in the Middle East at the moment. Look up Iraq on the map... I'm a little lower and to the right from there. But yes it will be interesting to have it able to hold it's own against the Mustangs and Camaros out there

  4. #14
    Maximum Bitrate deadweasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeP-3
    Hehe nah, No neon, no hydraulics.

    Plenty of Chrome, bright red paint, and definitely a quality audio system. I wonder if I can get wire wheels in the 18-20 x 9-10 range... stocks are 15x8. hehe that will be expensive.

    It would just be a joy to cruise the beach roads with the top down in that. With a V8 rumble it's guarenteed to turn heads.

    Bit far to bring it out to any of the cruises... it's sitting in the Middle East at the moment. Look up Iraq on the map... I'm a little lower and to the right from there. But yes it will be interesting to have it able to hold it's own against the Mustangs and Camaros out there
    Whoops! I hadn't even realized you were across the pond! That's one of the scary things about the internet. If you use it long enough, you begin to believe that everyone you talk (okay, type) to is within driving distance!

    In any case, that sounds like a very excellent idea for that ride!

    As for holding it's own: brother, you put an LT-1 engine in that thing, and tweak it sufficiently, you will be blowing folks' doors off! I have a video floating around here with an externally unmodified minivan beating the sweet loving bejeesus out of a supertuned Camaro at a dragstrip. It was the most amazing thing I ever saw!
    The ALEXIS Project
    MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
    Color Coding :
    DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Disabling hardware detect in XP?
    By ofthedove in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 09:01 AM
  2. Trying to use up some older hardware.
    By Skraggy_uk in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2002, 03:19 PM
  3. hardware woes - just venting!
    By magnetik in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2002, 04:31 AM
  4. WTB: Touch hardware + FS: Touch hardware :)
    By W6-Ryan in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2002, 01:20 AM
  5. hardware volume control
    By ODYSSEY in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-20-2001, 11:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •