This may sound pretty absurd, but you probably won't have any problem at all. I argued this point with a friend who is a professional TV and VCR repair man, and he assured me that magnets aren't as bad for PC's as we have all been taught. So I told him to put his money where his mouth is. He left a bulk tape eraser (very powerful electromagnet) lying on top of a Western Digital hard drive in the case of his PC for a week with it running. He used the PC every day, and, amazingly enough, never had one bit of problem from the system. I've been working on computers for years (I've built almost 2100 and repaired thousands more), and I've always been taught that magnets were a no-no around PC's, but now I'm beginning to doubt. Of course, YMMV.