Newb Here, need Hardware Suggestions..
Ive been lurking in this scene for quite a while.. My HU just went out so im kinda wanting to pursue this more.
Car: 85 Buck Regal Limited, digital dash, electric everything..
Upgrades: 200a Alt, Magic-3 Wire upgrade, Yellow Top, FM pager
HU: Pioneer DEHP8400
Aight, im willing to start spending about $300 to start..
What i need is..
a) mini case (everyones current favorite)
b) processor for winamp, dvd, apps, etc winxp or whatever good mp3OS software
c) mini keyboard and ir mouse
d) lcd, TFT, XGA, VGA? Touchscreen?
e) Powersupply, switches and any kind of power on accessories?
f) Recommended motherboard combo with case
1. What about condensation in cold weather, then heater turned on i plan on keeping the case in the cabin of the car, not trunk. What does everyone doe about condensation?
2. I read a bit about the ODB sensor/software compatibility.. MY car has an ODB output to use for error reporting, could i use this with current software to read errors, rpm, temp or anything about the car?
3. Vibration, what do you do?
4. Connecting computer to HU, if i get my HU fixed can i hook the comp to the HU and allow signal from the comp to go through the HU and out to the speakers? Part #'s?
5. Routing of wires, where and how do you route your wires?
6. Fusing, where do you fuse and circuit break, on what wires?
Thats about it..
7. Top recommened TFT or lcd for good price?? I keep reading liliput everywhere.. must be good..
I wanna be able to listen to my albums on my 160g HDD and burn as well, play q3 when bored, and transfer data via WiFi from house to computer to update car album list..
Any advice or help is very welcome and appreciated..
Where do you buy most of your parts from? Newegg?