all the answers are contained within the vast embraces of the function.Originally Posted by Torx
but here we go
CASE: whatever you find, or make your own.
CPU: 500mhpz P3 or a 700mhz celeron should do it.. go faster if you want to
KEYBOARD: there are many. i would go with a backlit texron or the illuvision (sp?) clones off ebay. If you want backlight, few choices. small ordinary kb, too many. choose one ;p
MOUSE: Trackpoint or trackball. conventional mouse will jump all over the place.
LCD: 7-12", VGA with or without touch screen. whatever fits your car and budget. Lilliput is a local favourite.
PS: Opus or another DC-DC. else an inverter and a standard ATX will do
MOTHERBOARD: smallest is the via epia, or you can just get a Mini-ATX one. its bigger, but still doable.
1. Not a problem unless you have the vents blowing on it.
2. yours is an '85 and uses odb 1, not odb 2. no idea
3. not an issue unless you offroad rally style.... (or live in NYC)
4. auxilary in on the HU.. straight from the sound card jack. you might need amps though between HU and speakers.
5. wherever you like.... under pillars, floor mats, carpets, between seats.. headliner.
6. on the positive. you only need to really fuse connections to the battery...