USB FM/AM tuner with RDS/RBDS
Ok folks we all know such thing does not exist. (caught your attention with the thread title, huh :) )
What if someone (me?) decided to build one to fit the needs people here have?
What are those needs? (post what features you'd like to see integrated)
For now I can tell you that the preliminary design uses philips components and is capable of (at least in the papers):
· US FM and US IBOC DAB from 87.9 to 107.9 MHz
· US weather FM from 162.4 to 162.55 MHz
· Europe FM from 87.5 to 108 MHz
· Japan FM from 76 to 91 MHz
· East Europe FM from 64 to 74 MHz.
· LW from 144 to 288 kHz
· MW from 522 to 1710 kHz (US AM band)
· SW from 5.73 to 9.99 MHz (including the 31 m, 41 m
and 49 m bands).
· Program Service (PS) name
· Traffic Program (TP) identification
· Traffic Announcement (TA) signal
· Alternative Frequency (AF) list
· Program Identification (PI)
· Enhanced Other Networks (EON) information.
USB 1.1 device
So what are your thoughts about this?