If you build it, they will come..
That would be awesome if you cuold achieve this and I would buy one.
What are your plans for software control? Radiator? or Custom front-end?
Ok folks we all know such thing does not exist. (caught your attention with the thread title, huh )
What if someone (me?) decided to build one to fit the needs people here have?
What are those needs? (post what features you'd like to see integrated)
For now I can tell you that the preliminary design uses philips components and is capable of (at least in the papers):
· US FM and US IBOC DAB from 87.9 to 107.9 MHz
· US weather FM from 162.4 to 162.55 MHz
· Europe FM from 87.5 to 108 MHz
· Japan FM from 76 to 91 MHz
· East Europe FM from 64 to 74 MHz.
· LW from 144 to 288 kHz
· MW from 522 to 1710 kHz (US AM band)
· SW from 5.73 to 9.99 MHz (including the 31 m, 41 m
and 49 m bands).
· Program Service (PS) name
· Traffic Program (TP) identification
· Traffic Announcement (TA) signal
· Alternative Frequency (AF) list
· Program Identification (PI)
· Enhanced Other Networks (EON) information.
USB 1.1 device
So what are your thoughts about this?
I will take two, please.
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility
My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
It will be done sometime in the next generation.
I'm a lesbian too.
I am for hire!
Would be nice if you made it so we could plug our car antenna right into it without any adaptors
I'll also take two.Originally Posted by GruvThang
I think an option for an external antenna is a must.Would be nice if you made it so we could plug our car antenna right into it without any adaptors
'04 Canyon 4x4 pickup
[---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]
Quote "I think an option for an external antenna is a must."
I wasn’t just talking about a external antenna option most of the usb radios have one but they are like a head phone jack or something and u have to convert it so u can plug that regular car antenna into it. It would be nice and probably better for reception if you just made it so we could plug the car antenna right in without adaptors.
Do u think this might be doable I know it would be more convenient for everyone?
I'd buy one. I don't need RDS/RBDS.
1997 Toyota Celica