Sorry to resurrect - how did you decide to use this? I'm trying to determine how well it works as a low-voltage trigger.
I couldn't find anyone on mp3car talking about this before so I thought it would be useful to mention.
It is a 16 mode multi-purpose trigger/pulsing module that can do tons of cool stuff. You can find it online for $18.
Here is the link: http://www.go2pac.com/products/trigger.htm
The brief overview of what it does is any one of the following:
• Low voltage trigger. Gives you +12v output from headunits that do not have a remote output.
• Alpine Video Bypass (all flip out monitors)
• Latching outputs
• Double Pulse Output
• Pulse Extender
• Horn Honking Output
• Linear Actuator Controller
• Doorlock Pulse Generator
• Channel Splitter
• Pulses to Constant output
• 3 in 1 timer outputs
• Pulses to latch/unlatch outputs
• Pulses to pulse output
• Pulses to timed output
• Latching outputs #2.
• Turn on pop delay
• Delayed amp turn off
Here is the link to the detailed instruction manual: http://www.go2pac.com/instructions/tr7instr.pdf
Never had a problem with it and it is cheap. Thats how I decided.