Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: PCI Audigy?

  1. #1
    It's not really that small...No, seriously. judoGTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,049

    PCI Audigy?

    Anyone have this? Kind of a dumb question, but so far all I have seen on here is the external USB version.

    I still have my VIA PCI slot open so I was just curious since I'm getting XM and will do the Optical conversion on it?

    Woot in advance


    PS - I've never met a tough Francis so this hurricane must be a sissy!
    '02 GTI
    [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
    [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
    [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
    [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
    Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

  2. #2
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,950
    Quote Originally Posted by judoGTI
    Anyone have this? Kind of a dumb question, but so far all I have seen on here is the external USB version.

    I still have my VIA PCI slot open so I was just curious since I'm getting XM and will do the Optical conversion on it?

    Woot in advance


    PS - I've never met a tough Francis so this hurricane must be a sissy!
    Francis was the psycho guy from Stripes.
    Come to think of it, he was kind of a sissy, too...

    The major advantage to the USB Audigy is the RCA-outs & more watts, thus better overall sound quality.
    The Audigy PCI cards are better quality than onboard sound (overall, not just in a CarPC).
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  3. #3
    It's not really that small...No, seriously. judoGTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert
    Francis was the psycho guy from Stripes.
    Come to think of it, he was kind of a sissy, too...

    The major advantage to the USB Audigy is the RCA-outs & more watts, thus better overall sound quality.
    The Audigy PCI cards are better quality than onboard sound (overall, not just in a CarPC).
    Why/how does it have more watts than the PCI?
    '02 GTI
    [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
    [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
    [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
    [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
    Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

  4. #4
    FLAC ppgt94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert
    The major advantage to the USB Audigy is the RCA-outs & more watts, thus better overall sound quality.
    The Audigy PCI cards are better quality than onboard sound (overall, not just in a CarPC).
    Any 3.5mm plug can accept RCA inputs with the right cable or adapter (a few dollars at Ratshack) with no loss in audio quality. More watts? Where did you get this information? Both versions only have low-level outputs.

    The only advantage you have in using a USB audio card in a carputer is saving a PCI slot and possibly reducing electronic noise from inside the case.

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate coachreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO, USA
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by ppgt94
    Any 3.5mm plug can accept RCA inputs with the right cable or adapter (a few dollars at Ratshack) with no loss in audio quality. More watts? Where did you get this information? Both versions only have low-level outputs.

    The only advantage you have in using a USB audio card in a carputer is saving a PCI slot and possibly reducing electronic noise from inside the case.
    Yeah... what ^he^ said!

    I'll be running the PCI Audigy in my carputer... IF I ever get it done... or even started! lol

    TTYL!
    Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

    ***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

  6. #6
    It's not really that small...No, seriously. judoGTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,049
    Coach - Can you do me a favor and measure how tall the card is? I built a custom case and the room I have its SMALL, so I want to measure before I decide to buy

    Maybe 2 measurements, total height, and height - connectors?
    '02 GTI
    [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
    [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
    [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
    [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
    Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    375
    Anyone know what voltage (Vac) these Audigy cards put out on the 1/8" jacks?

    I'm trying to mathmetically determine what my Amplifier gains should be set to, not just guesstimate it..

    Anyone?

    I suppose I should just go whip out the Voltmeter and find out myself, huh.. *sigh*

  8. #8
    FLAC ppgt94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by sq_geek

    I suppose I should just go whip out the Voltmeter and find out myself, huh.. *sigh*
    DUH!


    Shouldn't you just set the gain to your listening pleasure?

Similar Threads

  1. Audigy / Audigy 2 audio question...
    By jasonsp6 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 11:04 PM
  2. PCI dilemma
    By JaxPt in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 08:27 PM
  3. PCI Graphics or Sound card - EPIA M10000
    By ZimZimmer in forum Newbie
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 11:02 PM
  4. ATI Radeon 7500 VE PCI & Audigy 2 ZS issues
    By jzgt in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 04:06 PM
  5. PCI & ITX-PV Super Slim ITX Case
    By XDVD in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-23-2002, 01:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •