Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: SPDIF on M1000... Not Working :(

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate Xtreme2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    153

    SPDIF on M1000... Not Working :(

    I'm trying to use the SPDIF on the m1000, it doesnt seem to be working, tho I believe I have all the settings right.

    Jumper is set correctly.
    SPDIF out is checked.
    AC3 filter installed, and set to use SPDIF.

    maybe mediaengine isnt compatible with it?! I need some help!!

  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate Xtreme2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    153
    Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Newbie alliedacademian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bolton, UK
    Posts
    9
    Try switching the jumper over, the Epia manual is reversed! I found this out when trying to get a tv out signal...
    Dave H
    MG ZT 1.8T
    Epia M10000
    Lilliput 7" TS
    Haicom GPS
    WinTV USB-FM
    Powermate
    IR Reciever -> Steering Wheel Controls
    DVD/CD
    FP/MC/ME/MMC

    Pics at www.mgpc.co.uk

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate Xtreme2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by alliedacademian
    Try switching the jumper over, the Epia manual is reversed! I found this out when trying to get a tv out signal...
    You have got to be ******* kidding me.. lol

    In the manual it says to short out pins 1 & 2, so I'm guessing I short out pins 3 & 4?

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate Xtreme2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    153
    Bah, screw it, I'm not installing the DDTS-100, I'll just use the 5.1 on the mobo

  6. #6
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    You must set the settings in bios for it 2 thats what i had to do on my mII 6000E im sure its the same for yours
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Athens Greece
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by NiN^_^NiN
    You must set the settings in bios for it 2 thats what i had to do on my mII 6000E im sure its the same for yours
    Hmmm....are you sure there is such an option in the BIOS? Note that you have an MII and Xtreme2k2 has an M10K. I've downloaded the manual for the MII and there is no such option in the BIOS so please post if this is wrong.

    @Xtreme2k2

    You must make sure that the RCA cable you use is rated at 75Ω (Ohm). Not every cable is suitable for SPDIF especially of the EPIA's weak SPDIF transmitter.
    Don't give up so easilly...

    http://forums.viaarena.com/messagevi...keyword1=spdif

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate Xtreme2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    Hmmm....are you sure there is such an option in the BIOS? Note that you have an MII and Xtreme2k2 has an M10K. I've downloaded the manual for the MII and there is no such option in the BIOS so please post if this is wrong.

    @Xtreme2k2

    You must make sure that the RCA cable you use is rated at 75Ω (Ohm). Not every cable is suitable for SPDIF especially of the EPIA's weak SPDIF transmitter.
    Don't give up so easilly...

    http://forums.viaarena.com/messagevi...keyword1=spdif
    I'm using the cable that came with the unit, I would think that it would work.

    I'm not sure if I'll go back to the DDTS-100, the onboard 5.1 is working just fine, except for the volume adjustment problem (front speakers set as master, but I'm looking into a way to fix it.)

    I was thinking about the DDTS-100 and using, and considering the settings are lost when the power is off, and you have to adjust the volume on the actual unit, I'm just not liking that... Seems more complicated than it has to be... I dont know..

Similar Threads

  1. OBDII / Elm MPG meter. Almost working but not quite!
    By stevieg in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 04:24 AM
  2. EPIA M10000 TV-out not working!!
    By JayKaye in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 03:41 PM
  3. 5.1" to stereo + SPDIF
    By lookinco in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 01:52 PM
  4. motorized screen stopped working :(
    By corsamel in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2002, 11:52 AM
  5. Someone please help 10 hrs wasted working on 4 x 20 Character LCD
    By Martin S. Shepherd in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2001, 11:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •