Carputer Randomally Freezes When Car's in Motion
My Carputer is built and ready to go. It works great at home (w/AC power supply) and it works great in a parked car (using opus). The problem is the carputer Randomly freezes when my car is in motion. Here's what i've observed.
1) The sound stops coming through speakers.
2) Frodoplayer feezes.
3) Touchscreen becomes inresponsive.
Here are the strange observations that happen only sometime.
1) Keyboard is working after the system is froze. (I can open the start menu using the windows key) This happens for very limited time and then I get loss of signal on monitor.
2) Sometimes, windows doesn't respond to keyboard (start menu doesn't open); however, if I hit the num lock key, the light goes away. But the same is not true for caps lock.
My opinion: Since this only happens when car's in motion, it can only be two things.
1) Battery Level drops when car's in motion: This is least likely to happen since I've a brand new G35 and besides isn't OPUS suppose to take of that?
2) Hard Drive Shock: I'm currently using a desktop 3.5" IDE 20GB hard drive. I have a feeling that hard drive skips and windows freezes...
Does anyone else have any other suggestions. I'm running my computer with bare minimum (keyboard and a usb sound card) to test whether any peripherals have a role to play. I've tested with and without touchscreen to see if that makes a difference.
Should I invest in a laptop hard drive to see if that makes any difference. Please help me my fellow carputer users. I'm trying to get this carputer working in my car from last 3 mos