Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Car Relay ?

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate 4u2n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    333

    Car Relay ?

    Need Help

    I need to find out what the size of the standard 30 amp relay this one with 5 pin (30,85,87a,86,87)

    How long and with there pin is and the position of the pin
    Plan for project = 100%
    Part the project. = 100%
    Built...................= 99%
    Finish.................= 99%
    Install ...............= 99% -50%
    Ditail at 4u2n.dk
    Here

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    482
    not the smallest part in the world.

    would estimate about 1" x 1" 1" or so, plus some slack for the wies comming out on the bottom side.

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    68
    Just measured one. It is 1.5" from the top of the relay to the end of the pin. That is not including the little wing (see pic) that some of them have so that you can screw it up against something.




    edit: the one i measured is a bosch 12V 30A sn:0332209150

  4. #4
    Variable Bitrate 4u2n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    333
    Thanks

    But but I need to know the deminsion of the pin an the position so hold to it on a PCB
    Plan for project = 100%
    Part the project. = 100%
    Built...................= 99%
    Finish.................= 99%
    Install ...............= 99% -50%
    Ditail at 4u2n.dk
    Here

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    68
    Maybe better if you just buy one and mark off your board. Sounds like you are in the middle of a project so you will have to buy one anyhow.

  6. #6
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by 4u2n
    Thanks

    But but I need to know the deminsion of the pin an the position so hold to it on a PCB
    You wouldn't want to solder the relay directly to your pcb. You need a socket.

    00 Galant
    armadaE500 P3-660 320M 20G, lilliput, audigy2NX, slim/slotLoad dvd/cdrw, cardReader
    sony rm-x2s, bu303, xmDirect
    xpPro sp2, frodoPlayer 1.09, iGuidance 2.0, custom voiceRecognition
    custom shutdownController

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate grepzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    VaBch VA
    Posts
    575
    an'if you wire the car's relay socket to a connector for your board/project, won't have to buy one.
    •Micke

  8. #8
    MySQL Error MatrixPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Beach City, Socal
    Posts
    4,053
    Google for TYCO VCF4-1000 or NTER95-160. That is a PCB adapter for the above relay.

    Attach is the component file in Express PCB I make for the above adapter download it and remove the .txt ext (its ext is .p)and put it in PCBComponents_Custom folder of your ExpressPCB installation dir.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 600E@750/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate 4u2n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by justICE
    Maybe better if you just buy one and mark off your board. Sounds like you are in the middle of a project so you will have to buy one anyhow.
    yes i have now buy to today, and you are right i'am in the middle of the project.

    Quote Originally Posted by djScript
    You wouldn't want to solder the relay directly to your pcb. You need a socket.
    In a way i will solder the relay directly to my PCB, you see it when i'm finish with it..

    Quote Originally Posted by grepzen
    an'if you wire the car's relay socket to a connector for your board/project, won't have to buy one.
    No socket, I will make shomthing my self.. wait and see..

    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixPC
    Google for TYCO VCF4-1000 or NTER95-160. That is a PCB adapter for the above relay.

    Attach is the component file in Express PCB I make for the above adapter download it and remove the .txt ext (its ext is .p)and put it in PCBComponents_Custom folder of your ExpressPCB installation dir.
    Big thanks for you help, easy to the size on paper..
    Plan for project = 100%
    Part the project. = 100%
    Built...................= 99%
    Finish.................= 99%
    Install ...............= 99% -50%
    Ditail at 4u2n.dk
    Here

Similar Threads

  1. What's your dream car?
    By Aaron Cake in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 07:34 AM
  2. relay, inverter, fuse problems
    By cheesyhoward in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 09:04 AM
  3. Power problems with car computer :(
    By Bitflip in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 03:13 PM
  4. Will someone help me program my relay control module
    By cproaudio in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-04-2002, 04:50 AM
  5. god damn university car regulations
    By MikeHunt79 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2001, 11:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •