What were you wearing?
I was in my car tucking wires and making my install look more stealth last night. When i was finished i tested all of my equipment and it worked. No extra problems noises or anything. Then i went to go outta my car, touched the door and gotta pretty harsh shock. even after touching it 2-4 more times there was a shock strong enough to literally see. My setup is pretty typical. The grounding point for the tv, case, amp are clean and flush underneath the seat. Could the problem be that the ground is someone touched by the carpet?
and where do you live?
static electricity is the norm for low moisture and cool temperature climates... you wiring in your can cannot provide a shock to you unless #1 it is inverted/boosted/raised, 12v ain't enough to do crap... #2 you would then have to provide a loop that runs from a high voltage + side to the battery ground... you car is not in "contact" with the ground, so there is no flow of current through that path...
want less static electricity... #1 don't go outside when the humidity is low... #2 move to a more humid climate... or the other #3 move less, sit perfectly still all the time...
was wearin a hoodie and jeans. i was moving around alot but it happens even when i'm just opening the door and havent been inside. I live in VA. It was 60 degrees and clear last night
Have that up here in PA everytime it gets cool, it sucks! Sometimes I get zapped pretty good. Isn't there a way to put a ground strap from the vehicle frame to the ground...or something? Does that reduce "zapping"
AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
"A great smoking alternative"
I used to get this - i'm pretty sure it's mostly when it's dry. I always close my door by pushing against the window glass now.....
Yes, you can add some sort of rubber strip (I guess it contains a metal strip too) to your car that touches the ground.
OR you can take your carkey by a metal part and touch your car first with the tip of the key before touching it with your hands. When getting out, see that you grab some metal part of your door (can be painted) BEFORE you touch the ground and keep holding it until AFTER you touch the ground with one foot at least...
Some easy tricks to avoid pavlov effect
It's not THAT sort of forum here!!Originally Posted by JC-S60