Well ... I don't have much experience with car audio stuff. I want my computer to turn on when I turn the ignition on.

I'm going to be running an inverter, and I wanted to run a fat power cable straight from the battery (fused of course), and a fat short ground cable.

What kind of inverter do I need? are they kinda generic/universal?
I'm assuming I could wire it up ... one pin goes to remote wire ... so when that receives power it'll ground the inverter? or should I put the positive through it?

Thanks for any suggestions, and teaching a noob