I bought an opus 150w power supply about 12 months ago and I am just in the process of putting it in my car. i am driving over to the alps from the uk next week so thought it was about time i fitted it to the car, so I would have sat nav while driving there. Everything was working fine I was using the pc but had the liliput powered straight to the battery. After reading the forums I found out this was a bad idea as the battery could output 14v and it could fry my liliput. So today I want to maplin and bought a male molex connector to connect the liliput to the computer. I fitted two wires to the molex connector one to the yellow and one to the back. Each wite is about 3 meters long to reach from my boot the the front of the car. I plugged the connector into the female molex connector and turned the engine on. The liliput power come on and and the computer started to boot. I noticed there was interferace with my radio so umplugged the power connector from the liliput but the interferance was still there. I then plugged the power back into the liliput and found there was no power. I turned the engine off and on but still no power to the liliput. I then went to the boot of my car and the computer was not booting up. I have now removed the computer from the car and using a battery indoors (this is the battery I was using for testing). When I connect the opus power supply to the battery I get nothing. The computer does not boot and there are no lights. I have disconnected the motherboard (epial MII) and reconnected the power and I still have no lights on the opus. I tried replacing the fuse but still nothing. Have you got any ideas what the problem can be or am I going to need to get a new opus.
Thanks in advance for you help.