For those who don't know, one of Mitch's boards is now being used 24x7 to update information on GiveMeSatelliteRadio.com (formally ItsOnSIRIUS.com).
I'm also working on some software
The core component handles all the entire datagrid and it's menus. You can write your own simple front end in .NET (C# or vb.net) and just drop a datagrid onto the form and the core will handle it completely. Plus all the commands to and from the core are simple text commands.
- plug-in interface (a requirement for the stuff I'm doing so it will happen.)
- remote control via TCP/IP (easy to implement, I have most of it coded in ItsOnSIRIUS Radio so it's basically cut and paste.)
- favorites and scheduling (which may take a bit to do because I want the backend of this to be a database so we can do fun things like "Only let me hear this song once a day")
- Recording? Don't know. Personally I don't see the use in recording every damn song out there - that's why I have satellite radio in the first place. However I would like to do fun things like record scheduled items.
- XM Interface ( I would like to be able to control both a SIRIUS and XM Radio with the same program - not sure if this will happen, but I'd like to not only have both in one interface, but I want to do some fancy scheduled recording to get my 30 minutes of CNN Headline news in only 20 minutes after comercials are removed.)