Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: The Ultimate Car PC WOW best I've seen!!!

  1. #11
    Newbie HolySdrJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    26

    What I 'got'...

    Check this, it's easier...

    BTW - I'm not saying it's a bad computer, carputer, whatever. I'm saying I don't like it. It'll cost way more than it's worth, it's not a DIY, so there's no satisfaction in it, etc. It's fine if you wanna just buy a PC and stick it in the car. I like to have CUSTOM vehicles though...

    Another thing with that all in one unit, if someone was walking by your ride, they see that thing in the dash, they could take it in less than 2 minutes. I never would wish that on anyone....

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by HolySdrJR
    Check this, it's easier...

    BTW - I'm not saying it's a bad computer, carputer, whatever. I'm saying I don't like it. It'll cost way more than it's worth, it's not a DIY, so there's no satisfaction in it, etc. It's fine if you wanna just buy a PC and stick it in the car. I like to have CUSTOM vehicles though...

    Another thing with that all in one unit, if someone was walking by your ride, they see that thing in the dash, they could take it in less than 2 minutes. I never would wish that on anyone....
    So basically you are saying that all the people with aftermarket gps systems are losers that like wasting their money, since the units come easily installable AND relatively easy to remove. Hmmm, I got your point, good one. May be you should also make your own car while you are at it.

    Come on, if you are going to give any reasonable feedback about the design, make it something other than "oh, it's not custom enough." That's just a lame complaint since you will always have a "custom" alternative to anything, this is made for a purpose of being an all-in-one product.
    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

  3. #13
    Newbie jdchgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    24
    Wow...you guys are right...about 10months right!

    I wonder if anyone on this board has one? Or has an Feedback about the quality of it? hmmm

    HolySdrJR
    I agree with you that a DIY is the best because it will be what YOU want. I to have been dealing with puters forever...(17yrs now...Wife says I glow in the dark..mbe thats why I have 4 kids? )

    Anyways...if the price were right I would BUY hardware prebuilt and then build my own interface! Im TIRED of building puters...been doin it professionally for the last 12yrs...doesn't pay anymore really.

    I can't BUILD one for much less than I can BUY one for these days.

    Ill pay someone to build it if it weren't TOO outrageous! JMHO

    I would BUY that IN-DASH puter with screen if it were reasonable.

    JD

  4. #14
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,364
    Blog Entries
    2
    It's a nice design, but clashes with the wood grain dashboard. The click wheel interface seems both derivative and clunky to me. Perhaps it works better than I think when you are both driving and trying to circle the wheel with your finger, but perhaps not.

    It's nice that the whole thing is integrated into the dash so you don't have extra wires and such.

    It's not so nice that they stole the video icon from Apple's iMovie application and the internet icon from Microsoft's Explorer.

    How much does it cost? Is it expandable? Does it replace the HU or does it require a separate amplifier? Wireless? Bluetooth? GPS? Vehicle tracking? Reverse camera?

    It appears nice from the photos. I'd expect manufacturers to continually improve car PC's until they surpass individual installs. Just not sure if this is the one or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  5. #15
    Newbie HolySdrJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by rushnrockt
    So basically you are saying that all the people with aftermarket gps systems are losers that like wasting their money, since the units come easily installable AND relatively easy to remove. Hmmm, I got your point, good one. May be you should also make your own car while you are at it.

    Come on, if you are going to give any reasonable feedback about the design, make it something other than "oh, it's not custom enough." That's just a lame complaint since you will always have a "custom" alternative to anything, this is made for a purpose of being an all-in-one product.
    Wow man, did I poke you or something? Basically, all I'm saying is "I WOULDN'T BUY THIS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT." I stated my reasons, if they are not good enough for you that's fine. I'm not going to bash YOU for it, I'm just saying that is a product I DON'T LIKE. Woah...

    Um, no aftermarket GPS are nice, and handy for moving from vehicle to vehicle, and for using in the woods/back country/mountains, etc. I drive one vehicle, so I don't need to have a portable one. The man asked for comments, I have him my opinion, you can go back to wherever you came from...

    Where's your "reasonable feedback"? Settle down man, you act like I knocked you and your grandma down and ****ed all over the both of you...

  6. #16
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    that looks awsome & I think alot of people would really appreciate a drop in solution...... only disapointing thing is that they choose to use a p4... this deserves a mobile processor with speed stepping & high efficiency...it's actually begging for one...a- is I bet she either has a major fan or runs really hot...probably both....

  7. #17
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by HolySdrJR
    Wow man, did I poke you or something? Basically, all I'm saying is "I WOULDN'T BUY THIS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT." I stated my reasons, if they are not good enough for you that's fine. I'm not going to bash YOU for it, I'm just saying that is a product I DON'T LIKE. Woah...

    Um, no aftermarket GPS are nice, and handy for moving from vehicle to vehicle, and for using in the woods/back country/mountains, etc. I drive one vehicle, so I don't need to have a portable one. The man asked for comments, I have him my opinion, you can go back to wherever you came from...

    Where's your "reasonable feedback"? Settle down man, you act like I knocked you and your grandma down and ****ed all over the both of you...
    relevant comments are much more preferred though, mr. custom. It's been a recuring theme on these forums that people complain about stuff not being "custom enough." Thats irrelevant, you go out and do a custom thing if something is not custom enough. So just consider yourself unlucky enough to tipped the vessel on this issue for me.

    P.S. My grandma is dead, you sick grave digger.
    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

  8. #18
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocad6
    that looks awsome & I think alot of people would really appreciate a drop in solution...... only disapointing thing is that they choose to use a p4... this deserves a mobile processor with speed stepping & high efficiency...it's actually begging for one...a- is I bet she either has a major fan or runs really hot...probably both....

    May be it was a price consideration? P-M solution would still be more expensive than a P4. Although the costs of everything eventually burning out because of P4 might offset the initial expense.
    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

  9. #19
    Constant Bitrate emdzey01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    san fernando valley
    Posts
    197
    the product's good, but i dont like it IMHO.

    i go for the oem look, not the OMGWTF aftermarket look.

    just my 0.02@
    Brushed Metal for Centrafuse 1.4
    Brushed Aluminum for Centrafuse 1.4


    xenarc 700ts | via epia-m10k | audigy2 nx | holux gm-210 | usb wifi | 40gb 2.5" | slot-load dvd-cdrw | morex 3688 | opus 150w | centrafuse, iguidance

  10. #20
    Newbie jdchgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    24
    Check the general HW discussion board for this thread:

    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=infill

    MAXICE is speaking for INFILL and has good info on it...

    So this thread ends so we can keep up with the other one...

    I wasn't aware that this product was alr. spoken of and that there was a current thread on it...sorry peeps

    JD

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Car power supply (battery charger) from old pc supply
    By stimps in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 12:39 AM
  2. WTB/trade for... car pc parts or complete car pc
    By kellyokeefe825 in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 02:22 PM
  3. Car Pc Full System
    By robnokia in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 09:15 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 05:16 PM
  5. PC car questions... please help.
    By euclide in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 04:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •