Trouble with PCI video card install ... help!!!
Hi, i have been trying to install a seperate video card to my M10000 which has the built in video. I want to improve on the video display when using an Artec usb digital receiver. I currently can pick up loads of channels but the video display is very slow and choppy compared to the sound. I thought it might be due to my mpeg decoder but i would rather have a second video card handling all video etc.
The prob is that i can jot get the card installed correctly. Have looked everywhere now (been over 2 weeks)and had no success. Heres what i am doing.
- Install new card. Boot up with onboard card and install new drivers for pci video card in Xp. Installed and checked ok.
- Power down and disconnect vga lead from on board video and connect to the new video card in the pci slot.
- Have been into my mian bios setting and altered the video adaptor to pci and not onboard
- re boot ......display shows the bios start screen of my graphics card and then i get my main bios load screens. I see windows begin to start and then all i get is a black screen.
- When i power down again and reconnect vga cable to my onboard video. everything woprks ok. It is totally doing me head i now :rtfm:
Does any one have any suggestions or come across any theads that might help.