Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Chinese company will not send my screen back and its been 5 months !!!

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    30
    lawsuit? not gonna work...
    ure in different country...
    just dont buy it from outside of the us

  2. #12
    MySQL Error MatrixPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Beach City, Socal
    Posts
    4,053


    And if you did buy from them, consider you just a flip of a coin. If it work good . If it's not, you just flush your money down the toilet . Well maybe your credit card can get your money back if you use it.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 600E@750/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

  3. #13
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,949
    Quote Originally Posted by macmini View Post
    Majority of our electronics are made in china. Not all are bad, its just companies who cut major corners and use cheap components are the ones that have problems. Thearten them with a lawsuit, see if they will act quickly then. haha
    There's a big difference between a Chinese manufacturer and a Chinese reseller.
    The manufacturer will put it in the hands of resellers all over the world. No0 problem there. A reseller based in China is going to be a ************ to deal with from the U.S.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  4. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    e280
    Posts
    11
    i have got my screen back finally it took about 8 months but i have it and it works for the time being so im happy

  5. #15
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,052
    This reminds me of the people who return really cheap stuff to walmart.

    It is cheap for a reason. It works well until it doesn't. And when it stops working, it is not worth your time, effort, or aggrevation to fix. That is the benefit of living in a country like this where it is cheaper to replace than to repair.

    Point is, if your eBay screen dies, just buy a new one. Put your broken one up for sale for like $40 for the TS overlay or something, and be done with it. YOu probably spent just as much trying to get your screen repaired, and now you just have a refurb screen not a new one anyways...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  6. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    e280
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    This reminds me of the people who return really cheap stuff to walmart.

    It is cheap for a reason. It works well until it doesn't. And when it stops working, it is not worth your time, effort, or aggrevation to fix. That is the benefit of living in a country like this where it is cheaper to replace than to repair.

    Point is, if your eBay screen dies, just buy a new one. Put your broken one up for sale for like $40 for the TS overlay or something, and be done with it. YOu probably spent just as much trying to get your screen repaired, and now you just have a refurb screen not a new one anyways...
    wow

    i did not see the price as reflective of the quality
    the idea was as far as i was aware at the time the only such in dashunit on the market

    it works amazingly well apart from when the gear broke and it would not come out
    i expect it to happen again so i will just make it a fixed unit when it does

  7. #17
    Maximum Bitrate jonessc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    i have got my screen back finally it took about 8 months but i have it and it works for the time being so im happy
    good news, glad it finally sorted
    CarPuter Progress:
    Planning:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Hardware Buying:-> [||||||||||] 100%
    Software:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Installing:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Current Project= Making skins in photoshop...

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    e280
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by jonessc View Post
    good news, glad it finally sorted
    thanks mate i feel like i have won the ebay lottery

  9. #19
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,364
    Blog Entries
    2
    Glad it worked out for you but the overall lesson here is to be wary of purchasing expensive items from places like China. If it breaks or needs service you have to pay big buck to ship it back and if the service isn't satisfactory or they don't return the item, you're up a creek.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  10. #20
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugbyte View Post
    Glad it worked out for you but the overall lesson here is to be wary of purchasing expensive items from places like China. If it breaks or needs service you have to pay big buck to ship it back and if the service isn't satisfactory or they don't return the item, you're up a creek.


    Eight months is forever to be without a piece that you paid hundreds of dollars for.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. lillyput--all hype?----long review
    By liquid_smoke in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 10:44 AM
  2. BMW pre-installed system - TFT ?
    By tsingsu in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2002, 02:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •